Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Which fluids for racing a 2.2..? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Which fluids for racing a 2.2..?

M Blur

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried speaking to Lotus? They seem to be more supportive and helpful than other manufacturers, they may have some advice for you especially with regard to their own racing experiences.

Regards

Mat Kutub

1979 S2

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

What grade should I use for hard use.>?

gearbox:

diff:

engine:

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can only assume you have some version of the Renault box so...

The gearbox and final drive share a common oiling system. I use Redline MT90... God's own gift to transmissions...

Also use Redline 50WT racing oil in the engine. (with extremely frequent oil changes)

Clutch and brakes get ATE SuperBlue

In my experience, any of these fluids will stand up to the most severe punishment.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

I can only assume you have some version of the Renault box so...

The gearbox and final drive share a common oiling system.  I use Redline MT90... God's own gift to transmissions...

Also use Redline 50WT racing oil in the engine. (with extremely frequent oil changes)

Clutch and brakes get ATE SuperBlue

In my experience, any of these fluids will stand up to the most severe punishment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep - concur - all widely used and well recommended within the track fraternity - that's what I needed to know - thanks.

You got any preferred (cheap) suppliers..?

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Yep - concur - all widely used and well recommended within the track fraternity - that's what I needed to know - thanks.

You got any preferred (cheap) suppliers..?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I order it all from hoerr racing products...

www.hrpworld.com

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington