Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4s Starter Motor - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S4s Starter Motor

fflyingdog

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably cheaper to just get it refurbished ?

...unlike you have lots of cash for a brand new one that is...

Edited by troutrou

Whilst on the subject of electrickicy things namely the battery can someone tell me what battery is used on the S4s as i am away and need to order one for my return.Has anyone else had their starter solenoid kill(drain) their battery?

Thanks in advance

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Update : changed starter motor got a reconditioned one from Geoff at Esprit Engineering,bit of a arse ache to fit but works a treat,as for the flat battery picked up a new one from my local car dealer.

Now for the ,"why the battery died bit",bearing in mind i have had the car for over 7 years and should know better..................the passenger door was not shut properly when i left the car and it completely drained the battery and as i was away for 3 weeks i could not raise it from the dead.Lesson learned

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

It takes a lot to get a battery back from that state. Sometimes it's cheaper to do as you have and just replace it, sometimes you can be lucky and an industrial charger on a really high setting will get it going again.