Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cromer Fish & Chips/ crab run - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Cromer Fish & Chips/ crab run

andydclements

Days to rule out  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm going to book a date in, set it in the calendar etc, and it shall not move. Having said that, I'm not going to ask everybody when would be convenient.

I'm sure we all know how long it takes to make a decision by committee, and it normally doesn't work (British Leyland can be used as evidence if necessary).

The idea is start from near Norwich, travel out to the coast, along the coast road and stop at Cromer and have a light bit of food and a drink. We are not stopping in a pub for a meal, it's about driving and enjoying the weather (even if it is hailing).

During the month of May 2010, of those that want to do a run, please specify any weekend (Sunday is the plan unless everybody says differently) which is simply not possible for you. I do not plan to keep the poll running too long, ideally set a date in the next few days.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Andy, shall I chase the Heclers group, see if we can get more to attend, Any weekend is good for me probablely best mid May not end because of Castle Combe.

Will be a good run.

Dave & Megan

Dave, would be great if some HEClers could make it. There may be a couple of others from other forums, the more the merrier.

I had considered avoiding May BH weekend, but wondered if my assumption of it being out was correct.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, potential issue with the date. It's the weekend of the Sherringham & Cromer crab festival, but suggest we carry on regardless.

I'm tempted to say we do not have an option of food on that day without a seriously long delay, but could still be worth it. Apparently 23rd is their classic car day as well, but I cannot see us being there at the right time. The only issue may be parking, we'll see.

Still going ahead unless people say move date.

Andy,

Not if its the right place but is it cromer that has the little train that runs down down to the camping site, If it is the football team next to the little train station now uses its feild as a car park, its warden controlled by the locals and i have seen some very nice cars left there with no dramas, Just not sure if its croma or wells by the sea :)

Regards danny

A

Hi Andy, I have arranged for a recky to Hatfield Forest on the 23rd but I will do that early so we can then come straight on to your doo.

Will ask at the HECLERS meeting on thursday if any one wants to join in.

Best regards

Dave

Note to self: make sure the car will start........

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Colin, I am sure that one of us Thetford lot could pick you up on the way through. I will do so as long as George does not want to come, otherwise I am sure that Paul or (fingers crossed) Dave would do the honours.

Colin,

Yes I can pick you up. hopefully Dave will be going in his car so I won't need to take him.

I can easily come through Waton on the way.

Should see you Monday at the Angel on the 9th, to comfirm, if not you can get me on 07712874811.

Cheers all,

Paul

I'm confused (thats not difficult)!! Is this the fish and chip run? Whens Monday the 9th? Next one as far as I can see is August! I thought the meetings were on a Tuesday?

Brain meltdown....................arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

AEG meetings are on the third monday of the month. Tonight's is a SELOC meeting. Fish and chip run is on Sunday 23rd. Hope that clears it up.

Edited by rmcooke

Ahhhh Okay. My wifes working tonight so no attending from me I'm afraid.

Excellent, Wendy got her shift work and she's not working on 23rd! Looking forward to a nice run.