Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Oil Pressure - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Oil Pressure

Does anyone know what oil pressure should be when hot?

Its a 1988 Carbed Turbo.

Thanks

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Mike,

tickover

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Assuming we have the same gauges, mine sits on 1, maybe a little more at idle when hot, like 85-90 after driving hard, in the Australian summer.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Mine is never lower than 2 when hot, around 3 when cold. It maxes out at just on 5 when underway. I don't think they are really accurate, more just for an indication only. Also there are some senders that go 0-7 and some that go 0-5, so if a P/O has installed the wrong one it could show a reading error.

Too many Toys are never enough !

Mine is 5 when first started, but when hot it is showing 2 on tickover.

Thanks

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

The thing I forgot is it's all dependent on which oil you run, I use Castrol edge. And what RPM it ticks over at, mine 750-800.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

The thing I forgot is it's all dependent on which oil you run, I use Castrol edge. And what RPM it ticks over at, mine 750-800.

Mine is 0.7-1 when hot (tickover) and about over 3 going at 3000rpm and higher. Refer to the manual, this is perfectly in range. Should be no less then 0.35 at tickover and min. around 2.4 over 3000 when hot. Cold oil produces higher pressure, obviously. Oil-Type changes pressure as well, I use Castrol RS.