Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dell Inc., Lotus strike Formula 1 deal - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Dell Inc., Lotus strike Formula 1 deal

Quicker

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the article it looks as though Lotus Raciing are buying their computers from Dell rather than being sponsored by them. Let's hope they are getting a good discount.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I got a press release from the team about this and about LG, seemed like 'non-news' to me to so I didn't publish them. They are mutually beneficial deals, I'm sure it's a partnership but if Lotus do pay, they won't be paying much.

Talking of CFD computers, when I visited the F1 factory in March the team were awaiting their in house machines for this so were using ones based in Cambridge Uni. When they fired up their CFD work, the bandwidth usage was so intense that the internet access for the entire of East Anglia slowed down, there had been complaints!

PS I think this news item is more of a big deal.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Liked the comment about slowing down Internet access for all of East Anglia...reminds me of the late Ronnie Scott and his story about playing a gig in Scunthorpe. He said it was the kind of place where, when you plugged in your electric shaver, all the street lights went dim....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein