Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Laguna Seca and the 2-Eleven - 2-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Laguna Seca and the 2-Eleven

Jack

Just back from a great weekend at Laguna Seca with the Lotus Challenge Series .... what a blast that circuit is in a 2-Eleven. thumbup.gif

I know that I'm preaching to the choir when I say that these cars are meant to be driven on the track.

So, a big THANK YOU to Lotus for building us such a fun car. unworthy.gif

A few photos now, some video later, for your viewing pleasure.

post-7947-054647500 1279302959.jpg

post-7947-029510700 1279302993.jpg

post-7947-023619400 1279303059.jpg

post-7947-058242900 1279303091.jpg

post-7947-099189900 1279303116.jpg

Edited by Jack

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry,

It was a blast! Especially since my son (driving the black 2-11) and I were able to share the podium for the wheel-to-wheel race -- son 1st, dad 2nd. I guess that 37 year youth advantage paid off.smile.gif

The 2-Eleven's turned the fastest times .... FTD for a 2-Eleven was a 1:36.6. The fastest Exige (which had a built motor putting out 315 WHP and 190 WTQ, water-air intercooler, triple adjustable suspension, custom tuneable EFI ecu, major aero, 1650 pounds and more) turned a 1:37.3. The best, relatively stock, Exige Cup car (with major aero, nitron triples, lightened and some go-fast parts, but still running stock boost) turned in a time of 1:40.5. Better times are definitely possible in the future since most of the LCS participants have limited seat time at Laguna.

Some video .....

Edited by Jack

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

Thanks for the video.

Laguna Seca is now at the the top my list .... re tracks to drive.... one day .. its a long way from NZ .

Lap times interesting , about the same difference I see here at the local track to Exige SC cars.

Have just fitted video to my car , so will post some video when the weather improves and can get out on the track.

Great photos as always Jack! And as you said, the 2-Eleven is fantastic at Laguna Seca!

Here's my best lap, following the "built" Exige:

Getting a little air while entering the corkscrew:

post-9542-032027300 1279479134.jpg

Heading uphill in T5 after passing some V8 iron:

post-9542-010717300 1279479437.jpg

Getting a point by from an X6M???

post-9542-015852600 1279479502.jpg

Andy is smokin' fast! biggrin.gif

Much faster than me at Laguna. smile.gif

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

Barry:

Laguna is a long way from Christchurch but if you're ever in the Monterey area let me know - as a fellow 2-Eleven-driving Kiwi I'd be happy to take you out there (LS is my 'home track' and as Jack and Andy have noted, it's an outstanding venue to run this car (being less of a horsepower track)). Unfortunately I blew my engine / transmission (still exactly TBD) on Day 2 missing an upshift from 4th to 5th (found 3rd instead at 115 mph :-( Hope to have it sorted soon though.

Cheers

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Barry:

Laguna is a long way from Christchurch but if you're ever in the Monterey area let me know - as a fellow 2-Eleven-driving Kiwi I'd be happy to take you out there (LS is my 'home track' and as Jack and Andy have noted, it's an outstanding venue to run this car (being less of a horsepower track)). Unfortunately I blew my engine / transmission (still exactly TBD) on Day 2 missing an upshift from 4th to 5th (found 3rd instead at 115 mph :-( Hope to have it sorted soon though.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks for that Mark

Likewise if your are ever in NZ , look me up .

This is our local track Ruapuna Race track