Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I bought a V8! - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I bought a V8!

fmxa

Yep, in a moment of weakness I bought the pearl white 97 V8! She's allegedly one of only two in the world in this color (I'm still trying to confirm this, and if anyone has any knowledge of this color for 1997 please let me know).

In between rain and the flu I finally got a few pictures I thought I'd share with everyone. It's interesting comparing the V8 to the S4s - the V8 has power up the wazoo and sounds great, but the S4s still feels more refined and nimble ......

P

cimg00042ob.jpg

cimg00028mv.jpg

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whoa Paul... Lookin' alright! :lol: The ultimate plus is that with a white car you're that much closer to appeasing wayne and being excluded from his insults! :)

So how much longer the S4s sticking around for... Or is it already gone?

Lookin forward to hearing more comparisons. Nice score

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Thanks everyone - with a little luck I'll be at Crystal Cove next Saturday if anyone cares to join me ...

Anyway, to answer the questions:

Yes, the S4s will soon be for sale (drop me a note if anyone's interested)

Car was inspected by the primo Esprit guy in the US, and no liner issues at 24K miles (although I know this doesn't mean anything). Good part is, the same guy I use to work on the S4s also serviced this car since new, so he knew the cars history very well.

I'm dusting off my Miami Vice gear and sunglasses just for you Wayne :lol:

Cheers!

Paul

wow beautiful car paul. im sad i never got to see your S4s. I will plan to make it out to Crystal Cove next sat so I can see the new car. hopefully this horrible weather will pass soon.

Shah

1979 Esprit S2. Long Beach, CA

Wow, Paul. Nice looking car. Do you have the 2 cars now or has the S4 gone? Anyway, we all know who to ask about the differences between 4 and 8 cylinder cars.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

SUPERB!!!!

Break out yer epsadrilles & roll up those jacket sleeves... Download a bunch of JanHammer from kazaa and I can lend you a pair of my mirror shades! :D

Very VERY nice - gots to love the pearl white! (I very nearly had mine re-done this colour!)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

So you plan to be at Crstal Cove on Saturday?

I am going to make the drive out there as well if the weather is nice. My S2 needs to stretch her legs again...

Any other socal people want to meet up? slade? Gonzalo? Trev? Let me know. Hope to see you there Paul...

Shah

1979 Esprit S2. Long Beach, CA

So you plan to be at Crstal Cove on Saturday?

I am going to make the drive out there as well if the weather is nice. My S2 needs to stretch her legs again...

Any other socal people want to meet up? slade? Gonzalo? Trev? Let me know. Hope to see you there Paul...

Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure, I'll be there.

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq

Thanks everyone! Fishy - I'm waiting for Wayne to come back to Cali (he said he'd dress up as Tubbs :D:) ) Anyway, I'm going to be at CC, but will probably be in the S4s as the V8 is having a bumper "ding" fixed right now (yes it was there when I bought the car!).

Hope to see you all Saturday, (BTW - I won't be able to stay much past 9:00AM)

P

P.S If anyone visits Viking in Costa Mesa the V8 is there, take a look!

Edited by fmxa

fraid I won't be able to be at CC as I said... They always manage to give me a Saturday final :D

hope the rest of ya'll have a good time :)

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

fraid I won't be able to be at CC as I said... They always manage to give me a Saturday final :D

hope the rest of ya'll have a good time :)

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:P

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq