Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1989 Esprit Turbo 2.2 carb electrical problem - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1989 Esprit Turbo 2.2 carb electrical problem

rikki16vt

The engine cut out during a normal drive, traced the fault down to the distributor, now working with the garage to try it iron out the problem. Just wondering where is the best place to get a service manual for the Esprit? Does the club sale such copy? Just not so sure about the quality of those ones on ebay.

Rikki

Edited by rikki16vt

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pointer. The local Lotus dealer in Hong Kong only took over in the days of Elise, they don't have anything related to Esprit.

I guess ebay is the only route, saw a few in their for the S4 & V8 models but nothing for the carb. turbo engine! :-(

Do a search on Internet for 'Lucas constant energy' to find info on your ignition setup. All thats in the distributor is a hall effect sensor (i.e. a magnet with 4 lobes being rotated by a coil. Not much to go wrong except that the 'tails' leading from the distributor can break internally leading to an open circuit. You can source a new one from Jaguars and Rover V8 as a similar age to your car (but I dont suppose you have too many of those in scrapyards in HK....).