Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
First Lotus, some help - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

First Lotus, some help

vegard_dino

Hello all.

Well, hope some can help me out here.

I do live in Switzerland, am from Norway.

I have a long dream for a Lotus. But, so far only a dream.

The model I do think of now is the EVORA.

How is these model? Quality?

Comfort on long trips?

I am asking , the car will be used as a GT for me and my wife, so we are seeking high comfort, at high speed.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

Check these reviews it will give you a good idea:

http://www.whatcar.c...-review/25852-4

http://www.carenthus...he+options.html

The general opinion is that it's quite comfortable on long trips..

I live in Switzerland too and will upgrade from my Exige to an Evora soonish... if you live close to Geneva book a test drive with Speedy Garage in Lausanne

I'd say it's time to turn the dream into reality :thumbsup:

Welcome Vegard

What Kevin says.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Welcome to the forum Vegard.

I have had my Evora now for just over 3 months and I use it every day and find it very comfortable.

The longest trip I have done in it so far is a round trip in one day of about 400 miles (640 kms).

Apart from the niggle with the Alpine sat nav, the biggest problem is the rate at which the car eats through tyres, as I am sure you have found out from the other posts.

I will be travelling out to Switzerland late September in the Evora and driving from Ijmuiden ferry port in the Netherlands to Villars-sur-Ollon, VD some 608 miles (978kms) in one day and really looking forward to it.

Long distance: no problem (my longest was Zurich-Bruxelles-Zurich... in one day; easy)

Quality: could be better... but sufficient.

Fun: excellent. Do not mix up tires and stay on the Pirellis. The handling is "THE" pluspoint of the car and missing grip screws.

I drove now 25000 Kilometers in 9 month, average consumption 9 liters, the car is really good.

A.

Hello and thanks all

Well, what kind of quality is lacking?

Sounds like it is a solid, fun driving machine, that also do well as a GT.....smile.gif

Sounds nice.

Also, the space for luggage, how is it? I mean, you also have a good space behind the seats for things. Maybe even a golf bag? Or, am I to optimistic now??

A quick look in the Evora forum will give you an overview. One of the great things about using Toyota engines / gearboxes is that you don't need to worry about the really-expensive-bits. Have a look at some of the issues on the Porsche sites and you'll realize what potential issues look like (cylinder linings breaking up etc.).

The dealers here seem to be very good. I am a huge fan of Kumschick who is in Canton Luzern - Fredy knows his stuff (and runs a race team looking after historic F1 - including a ex-Senna lotus - and group C cars).

You need to drive one to really appreciate it. Fredy was running a 2+0 with sports exhaust and gearbox as a demonstrator last time I was there.

Edited by chandrew

Hello and thanks all

Well, what kind of quality is lacking?

Sounds like it is a solid, fun driving machine, that also do well as a GT.....smile.gif

Sounds nice.

Also, the space for luggage, how is it? I mean, you also have a good space behind the seats for things. Maybe even a golf bag? Or, am I to optimistic now??

You won't be able to get a golf bag on the back seats but can get a narrow bag with a full set of clubs in the boot. I use the back seats for my Powacaddy when I go golfing.

As for luggage, the boot can accomodate soft luggage only, I can't get my case that fits in airline overhead lockers in the boot! There is quite a bit of room on the back seats though. Lets face it the back seats are no good as seats but ok for carrying luggage and the seat belts make good luggage restraints.

Edited by bingoking

I went through this whole process of working out which way to go, Aston, Porsche etc were in the running but I have to say I am so happy that I choose the Evora, I even wish the drive to work was longer sometimes!!!! I use it for work everyday and have done one long trip from Edinburgh to Surrey with out braking my back once! That said what suits one will not suit another, so good luck with your research and I'm sure you will make the right decision, Evora coughhhhhh ;)

PS - be prepared for a lot of attention

Edited by wants a Lotus