Latest Evora Review - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Latest Evora Review

Bibs

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive Just watched all 5 minutes with no sound as the computer speaker is in the car, made up my own dialogue which was fun!

Nice to see the new Elite pictured, I like that car, nicest of the bunch and definately nicer than that but ugly foor door contraption they banded about in Paris! They should have called that the ErggI'mugly rather than the other name they used for it...

Wrong section I know, I'm rambling, I know!

I'll move on now :ermm:

Chunky Lover

I adore the Evora, I think it's a fantastic car, I would have one (if I had the cash to justify it) but for one thing...

My Esprit, I dont think i'll ever part with it :fun:

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Nice I like the Evora,but in that green it does nothing for the car:thumbdown: :shuriken:

To my eye Evora styling is a curious thing (and presumably I'm not alone as the car will surely die in 2013 when the new Elan appears) and I agree with you that in green it looks positivel frumpy. Very odd to use that car in any sort of promotional work.

With the S being launched I'm nonetheless more inclined to have a drive and see how the cars look in more adventurous colours.

Edited by Lowtus

Thanks, I knew it wasn't Felixstowe thumbup.gif

And I like the green, it looks Lotusy

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

To my eye Evora styling is a curious thing (and presumably I'm not alone as the car will surely die in 2013 when the new Elan appears) and I agree with you that in green it looks positivel frumpy. Very odd to use that car in any sort of promotional work.

With the S being launched I'm nonetheless more inclined to have a drive and see how the cars look in more adventurous colours.

I think Lotus have shot themselves in the foot slightly. The Evora sales are bound to suffer now that they have announced all these new cars to come.

As for the colour.. Brighter the better!

SIDC0049.jpg

Just one moan about the commentary on the video: "It's a Grand Tourer".

Yes, of course can be specified as a GT but it can also be a Sports car! Just get the CR box, the sports option (inc. the exhaust) and forget the rear seats and fancy fittings!

That is an aspect that was badly misjudged by Lotus in the original launch in my view. Those universally rave reviews and performance-car-of-the year awards do not read as if given to a "GT". All the press cars had the CR box for a start. The combined blurred image that has resulted could instead have been two contrasting and distinct options, each with their quite different advantages.

It's all rather late now, but given the Evora competition programme coming up, perhaps not altogether too late to get out the sports car message. All I read and hear from people who have actually driven a sports version could be summarised as "Wow"!

So there!!

I have resisted for over a year as I am diehard Esprit fanatic and have been patiently waiting (and saving) for the new one and if I drove an Evora, I was very wary of having my head (and heart) turned. I was prepared to wait another two years, but after seeing the Paris show car, I've sucumbed to a test drive in the Evora.

My local dealer finally twisted my arm and I took a test drive on Saturday. Sports pack, CR gearbox, sports exhaust. Oh my giddy aunt. There is no point in waxing lyrical as it has all been said before suffice to say its an awesome car and almost other worldly in the NVH/steering/chassis control department. I jumped back into my Esprit afterwards - it really did feel agricultural. I can forgive it for that given the age of the design and layout, but I am now seriously tempted by the Evora. I will not be getting rid of the Esprit however.....

An extremely favourable review in the video. What I liked was how quiet it was on those streets of blocks and not a squeak to be heard.

So, Guy, have you driven an Exos yet?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE