Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
NMEG May meet @ RAF Museum Cosford - Page 2 - UK - Midlands - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

NMEG May meet @ RAF Museum Cosford

esprit350

I am going early to sort the car parking area and meet the duty supervisor etc..will only take me about 20 mins, did it this sunday morning as I wanted to check out a route for the drive.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a lads only do or will my Lady be welcome? I shall travel up from Wolverhampton so if anyone fancies a meet and convoy (no mental stuff, I see the danger nowadays) let me know. Looking forward to it and praying for no rain.

PS If I can't have a V2, any chance you could arrange for a show launch?

Edited by nicksoldies

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

- Mario Andretti

Is there any convoy to the Meet ?

Its probably not a problem for you NMEG guys given that many of you are in the area. But if anyone else is heading down from the north just shout up and perhaps we can convoy in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Carl,

Quite happy to meet you at the Holiday Inn car park just off jct 15 M6.

I know some interesting roads from there (A519/A41)

Can't remember what time we're supposed to be there (remind me please Howard) but if we give ourselves an hour we'll do it easy.

Cheers,

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Carl,

Just checked the opening thread to this post and I see that the meeting time is 10.30am (sorry Howard !) We could meet at the hotel at 9.30am or if you fancy being one of the early birds, 9am.

Let me know what siuts best.

Anyone else travelling our way ?

Cheers,

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Well done Graham, read the thread, RAF museum gates open at 10.

Nick, ladies are welcome my better half Renu is coming in her sport350 and we expect to see Lisalotus

the drive afterward will not be mad, I want to keep my licence and car in one piece, also sunday afternoon traffic will be about, the run is about 16/17 miles to a public house in Edgmond near Newport..

not sure if we can arrange a show launch of a V2, you could ask..? by the way the security guards on site are the RAF regiment and they carry guns...so best behavour

Howard

Edited by esprit350

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

:huh: focast for SUNday is RAINday :P oh poo!

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Carl,

Quite happy to meet you at the Holiday Inn car park just off jct 15 M6.

I know some interesting roads from there (A519/A41)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Graham,

9:30 sounds good and if you know some good roads from there that sounds even better ! :D

I've got the camera mount in the car now so I can see if its any good following you. Hopefully the forecast of rain will hold off until after our run. :rolleyes:

Edited by CarlC

Sounds good to me. Leave at jct 15. Up the slip road, keep in the nearside lane. Through the traffic lights (all traffic, including Esprits must turn left) again staying in nearside lane. At roundabout take first exit and hotel is about 150 yards on the left.

See ya there at 9.30am rain or shine.

I'll pm my mobile number just in case. Perhaps I could have yours by reply.

Cheers,

Graham.

Just to let you guys know the A41 nr Cosford does have moblie speed cameras. The sort that have a van that has to pull up next to them and pulg in. so just keep a look out for midium sized white van parked on the side of the road. there location are on the A41 from W'hampton about 1/2 mile from Cosford and from Newport about 1-1.5miles from the M54 island.

We all know that points dont make prizes when it comes to our licenses!!!!!!!!!!

logo_01-2.jpg

Glyn (Herron)

You're watching the thread................you coming over to join in the fun.

Graham.

<_< weather looking better for tomorrow - drier :D

Not raining at the moment but roads are wet, please drive with care

see you all soon

Howard

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Just got back, thanks to those who came, started of as a dismal day but the sun came out for us later

8 Esprits turned up for the meet, 2 sport 350's 3 S4's 1 Turbo Esprit, 1 40th anniversary edition and 1 S1

Mike and Lisa .... we missed you.

Howard

nmegrafcosford025.jpg

nmegrafcosford027.jpg

nmegrafcosford022.jpg

nmegrafcosford020.jpg

nmegrafcosford014.jpg

nmegrafcosford013.jpg

Edited by esprit350

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

er.. Dave have you just posted the same pic 3 times?

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Thanks for a really enjoyable day. The museum was really interesting. I could have spent many more hours in there. It was nice to meet you all. And to see TWO Sport 350s, a dry sumped Guigiaro Turbo complete with 3 piece Compomotives, an S1(which was suprisingly quick), a V1 Doodlebug and a V2 Rocket in one day was fabulous. And the pub sold real ale.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

- Mario Andretti

Agreed, a very good day. Well done for organising this for us Howard and a big thank you to RAF Cosford for reserving our "Esprit Only" parking area.

Carl, hope you enjoyed the A519 back to the M6.........a bit clearer for us this time :o

See you all at our next outing, Supercar Sunday on the 18th June.

Graham.

Howard ,

I wanted so much to be there , But as the GT3 is now sold I wont drive it !!

Gotta hand it over in pristine condition !!!

Mike :o

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

i agree, was a loverly day out :P and the weather turned out great :o

the pictures i took are basicly the same as the others so i need not post them :)

it was nice to see you all again, and , to finally meet Nick and Carl

wish the drive home was a little less eventfull though :o

thought i would drive nice and steady home, but the sunday drivers took a disliking to me :( got cut up twice on 2 differant islands by 2 differant cars! :o

and there was 8 lads on bikes on a blind bend - 4 on my side, 2 on the opposite side and 2 playing going in and out the white lines!! ;) what idiots !!

they must have heard the backfire of the car because they didn't half scatter :P

all this and i wasn't speeding

it was still a good day out :P

Dodgy

Edited by dodgy154

My thanks to Howard and anyone else who helped organise the day. I had a great time. Graham, thanks for meeting up ahead of the venue. It was much nicer to have a blast through the country before arriving rather doing a motorway run right through. B)

It was really great to meet you all and I look forward to meeting up again soon. :o

Hi all, sent a thank you to RAF Coasford after Sunday's meet

just got this reply..

Hi Howard,

I

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Hi guys just like to say i had a good day the S1 had to work hard to keep up with the newer more powerful cars but I think it did well.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The S1 and its driver had no problem at all, but then, why should they when we were all keeping to the applicable speed limits for the area B)

Graham.