Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hi, Brand new to the forum, but would like help? - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hi, Brand new to the forum, but would like help?

CharlieCroker

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to the forum and this is my very first post. I'm looking for a series 1 Lotus Esprit (to buy) and would like to know if they are still possible to find, and at what sort of money you need to pay for a resto project, a running car or a full blow resto? I hope this is not too cheeky of a question but I'm new to Lotus (not to cars) but need to know what to look out for when buying? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Charlie and welcome to TLF.

The S1 is fast becoming a collectors item and are appreciating in value. However, my knowledge of them currently is far exceeded by some of our S1 owners and restorers (yes we have quite a few), as such I will let them reply to you.

My suggestion is go to the "Esprit" section and look in the projects and restorations section there. You will see loads of information on people doing just what you are talking about.

Have fun and don't hesitate to ask for information, it's what we are here for.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Cheers Kimbers, I've had a look in the for sale section but will have a look in the Esprit section as you suggest. I don't expect this to be easy but need to get the ball rolling:) Thanks again.

I would normally warn people away from restoration projects and direct them to cars already done, but you probably already know a restoration will cost more than one somebody has already done. I'm basing that assumption on your current car.

Hi :welcome:

Happy hunting. Guessing prices is trying to nail jelly to the wall, always moving. You can get lucky and find a cheap barn job, but that would be very lucky and I doubt if a car as good as, for example, Jeff Ippiloti's would see you with change from £50k+.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Welcome to the forum, Charlie! :)

Where are you located?

Cheers,

Tony K.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Have you got a job coming up in Italy, or have you herd it before :thumbup:

Either way welcome to the forum.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• 6 months later...

Just bought an S2 1979 Esprit, can't wait to get my hands on it! Needs a bit of TLC but was in generally good condition, going straight in for a new cam/timing belt, full service, carbs tweaking and away I go. Will need to upgrade the brakes, and tidy up some of the electrics but all in all can't wait to get hold of it:D

Have you got a job coming up in Italy, or have you herd it before :thumbup:

Either way welcome to the forum.

Haha, just my alter ego, "Shall we synchronise our watches":lol: