Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Larini Exhaust Group Buy - Esprit 4 cylinder - Page 5 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Larini Exhaust Group Buy - Esprit 4 cylinder

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Can anyone advise what the difference is with the cat and non cat version? sorry to be quick to ask again its because I am off on holiday in the morning and want to order before i go.

Ok I am going to order the one with cat option? as the car has a cat atm :question:  if that's wrong can you adjust the order bibs? thanks and again sorry for being a pain just not sure what the difference is.

The cat/non-cat option is for S3's, your's comes as it is as it'll fit the same whether you have a cat or de cat,

Lex, QS do an S3 Turbo system, it's £970.

That's great bibs. Do I get flames with that?  :2guns: Does it bolt straight on without having to modify turbo etc?? My car has no cat and doesn't need one in Australia. It's funny I have never wanted to modify anything on my car but sound is so important with any car.

• 3 weeks later...

Also looking to replace cat back now that car has been removed from shop that took too long (1.6 years and nothing but head and tranny put back together)... Emission testing requires CAT to pass and not able to swap bypass pipe in and out... Any one got any ideas - car has ALunox headers, latest Welch turbo kit so good breathing will be essential. OH, it's for a 93SE but have very old neighbors so spit-fire type would not work out well. TIA.

Edited by MikieP

• 2 months later...

I'll look forward to hearing the silenced quicksilver exhaust once it comes and has been fitted, the black paint covering my rusty exhaust won't last for ever, ill be joining the next alunox group buy too just in case he stops doing them when I eventually need one.

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting this old topic for a quick question: I was one of the people who purchased the Larini exhaust, and it's brilliant.

I have one issue though: one of the steel brackets that holds the exhaust has split, as it is very thin. Has this happened to anyone here? Any recommendations? I had the bracket welded, but it split again...

Just a note to correct my earlier post above stating that my car had a WC Engineering Turbo Kit as stated stated to me by Jaime Goffaux, owner of the now extinct Yesteryear Motors in Jessup, Maryland. It does not have said WC Turbo Kit even though he fraudulently billed me for said kit. WC has no idea what was installed by Goffaux in my car.

MikieP

Francesco,

I have the Quicksilver on my 1990 Turbo SE, and it split the right hand side exhaust hanger bracket. When I took it off, I noticed that it was only welded from one side on each of the two vertical pieces that sits on the round piece that clamps the exhaust tube itself. And not so well either. 

What I did to redeem this, was to have it welded on both sides of each of the two weldings, and have a small horizontal plate welded in apprx. in the middle of that vewrtical height of the bracket, so that vibrations are now damped. Works perfect and no problems after this mod.Hope it makes sense.

Question: could you possibly please take a photo of the garret type plate on the turbo of your car, as I need the type numbers of this specific turbo for clarification to mot on my car (will install a Sport300 turbo etc.).

Please take a look on page 3 on my building thread; scroll down to a picture of where I pilish the exhaust system a bit and on th eright side of the picture, you can see the welded in mod on the exhaust bracket. Hope it helps. Thread here: 

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Hi Jacques,

thank you so much for the suggestion, I will remove the bracket and have it welded with the additional horizontal plate, excellent idea.

Where is the turbo type plate? The next time I take the car out (it is in storage now) I will try to take a picture of it.

Francesco

On 01/03/2016 at 01:19, jollyroger said:

Resurrecting this old topic for a quick question: I was one of the people who purchased the Larini exhaust, and it's brilliant.

I have one issue though: one of the steel brackets that holds the exhaust has split, as it is very thin. Has this happened to anyone here? Any recommendations? I had the bracket welded, but it split again...

On mine the bracket split that holds the pipe near the exit. I welded it, but put a lot more weld than originally present.

I have a Larini as well, and mine to split at the exact same bracket.I got to be honest i don't really think they are of the best quality,but they do sound great .I also had the decat pipe and all the hasstle that went with MOTs etc so i cut the decat pipe in half and fitted a high flow cat, and can honestly say that i noticed no difference in performance .

Simplest things first.

Well, I had a funny experiece. When I mot'ed my Esprit last time, having a Quicksilver exhaust system on, the tester couldn't get into the car. Simply too old and stiff in his legs and back, so asked me to mot my own car in his place. He stood outside telling me what to do, and so I did. "No worries, mate". The point where I got a Little bit anxious was, when he inserted a probe in the exhaust to measure pollution (no problem), and asked me to give it some beans. I mean, he was right behind the car... I'd say he is deprived some of his hearing ability by now. All he said with a very loud voice afterwards was: "Oh yes, it's fine".

Jacques.

• Like 1

Well Bibs, I rest asured, that an elderly woman passing in the streets outside the testing facility was asking her husband if she had missed the 31'st of December.

Jacques.

• 5 months later...
On 2/29/2016 at 18:19, jollyroger said:

I bought my 1994 S4 with the Larini exhaust already on it.  The right hand bracket was obviously repaired at some point and failed near the end of last year.  I removed all semblance of it and hung it with a traditional muffler clamp.  Not too pretty, but effective.  I didn't want to weld onto the stainless.