Quiet in North East ! - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Quiet in North East !

MartinL

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mark, pleased to hear the GT3 repairs are under way. any progress with the other restoration?? I heard Jamie was having a look with a view to painting......................

hope you still have a job to pay for all of this Lotus expenditure ??

Dont worry,be happy.............

No the Elite is sort of mothballed until I can commit to it, it would be nice though to buy as many essential bits as poss before the VAT hike.

Can't commit to Jamie until I get some news, just had an interview 5 mins ago, one more on Monday....if no joy with them it's adios muchachos :welcome: you've got to laugh haven't you?

Edited by LooseCannon

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Sorry to hear the job situation is giving problems, lets all hope for a better new year, I think a number of people will be happy to see the back of 2010 !!

• 1 month later...

Well mine is back now after surgery, felt gorgeous to drive it back home. The mechanic who worked on it said it was the best Esprit he has ever driven, which was nice to hear! The new clutch feels a lot lighter, and I kept the bent release fork as a souvenir.Would be nice to meet up for a Sunday roast somewhere now the ice has retreated a while?

Who do you get to work on it? Mines a good solid car but could do with a paint job. Someones had a go a long time ago in the past & its flaking off, don't notice it from 20 paces! Currently buried in the garage. Need to find the time & pull my finger out...

• 2 weeks later...

We need a suitable venue, easy to get to from both ends of the area with "Lotus" friendly carpark,

Ramside Hall springs to mind............very handy for the Durham area and good for the A1

any better ideas guys ???

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll be taking the car off sorn in April so I'm up for a pootle after then. Ramside hall sounds ok to me.

Also, the Fastlane show is on again this year, anyone interested? My link

Edited by Andy_A

Current menagerie;
Kawasaki Z1000SX 2017 (Thinking man's sports tourer)

BMW X3 35D M Sport 2015 (Thinking man's chelsea tractor)

Toyota Hilux Invincible 2007 (Thinking man's mud plugger)

Lotus Esprit V8 1996 (Thinking man's thinking destroyer)

@ Steve: Great! We've got a start! Ps; ignore the jibes, they've got "little four pot syndrome"!

Current menagerie;

Doctor Doctor, I think I have "little four pot syndrome"...................................

Dont worry its not so bad as a "V8 power complex". just take 20 litres of premium fuel and see just how many more miles you can travel than them. thats if its not raining and they dare to come out and play (or they dont break down) You will soon feel better.......

If you dont mind a little 4 pot tagging along, work depending I will be up for this show.

Anyone feeling brave enough to set a date for a meet at the Ramside or other venue??

Informal monthly gathering of assorted classics, centred around Yanks/Street rods but open to anything interesting (no chav Corsas etc) from Veedubs to kitcars and RS Ford, occasionally something out of the ordinary turns up like a Pantera. Anything from 50 to 200 cars weather dependant., I've paid good money to see a worse show. Usually runs from May to September.

Strictly frowned upon by the humourless Metrocentre management (they switch the car park lights off around McDonalds where it's held despite the rest of the site being ablaze) their efforts to hamper this innocuous gathering of harmless car geeks has luckily so far come to nought, leaflets ignored etc, I think it would take a reanectment of Tianmen Square to finish it off now.

"V8 power complex". Hmmm. Sounds like a vegetable health drink. Anyways, little 4 pot, or V8PC, as long as it's a LOTUS it's fine with me. :band:

Current menagerie;