Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
WILWOOD front brakes upgrade on 88' X-180 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

WILWOOD front brakes upgrade on 88' X-180

I would like to know if anyone has upgraded front brakes to Wilwood 6 piston calipers (TR120-7228FS rings the bell for some reason) ?

What diameter rotors could fit into 15" OZ-s?

Yes, I know, custom brackets are required. I am capable of fabricating brackets.

Could you please give me some pointers like PN#, dim, dia,ect.

I have 16" wheels @rr, but unfortunately, the inboard brakes queer the deal.

MrDangerUS

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have WW 4-pistons from Claudius (his hats and brackets) inside the stock 15" fronts . Rotors are 11" I believe.

Yet to track'em, but much much better braking than the standard TMC calipers.

Yours,

Tom

Edited by tje111

"If everything is under control, you're going too slow." - Mario Andretti

JOhn,

I have the 6 piston Wilwood calipers on my 89. I got the entire kit from Claudius. The rotors are 12.19" and come with hats, brackets, lines and pads. Can't recall the price but quite reasonable in my opinion for a well engineered kit. I had the 4 piston kit that he offers and although it's much improved over the stock brakes, it pales in comparison to the 6 piston setup. I have a 93 FD3S or RX7 to you if you aren't familiar and it has a 13" front brake setup that I have installed and it's how brakes on a "race car" should be, the 6 piston Wilwoods, should have come on the Esprit or something equivelant! The stockers are not even "adequate"!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

John, I have 18" wheels on my esprit, am not thinking the 6 pots will fit under a 15 inch rim.

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm