Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Imperial War Museum Car Show 1st May, Duxford, Cambs - Page 2 - UK - Bucks/Essex/Herts/Cambs Group - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Imperial War Museum Car Show 1st May, Duxford, Cambs

Just managed to arrange the day off work (my LAST leave day for the entire year now, so I hope we won't miss out on too many other great days).

We are absolutely looking forward to this one.

We both LOVE Duxford museum, having been there 3 times before already, throw in a classic car show AND a TLF get together, and it's a day made in heaven for us!

Could really do with some finalising on the arrangements:-

Will we go in convoy?

If not, will we meet close to the venue prior to entering?

Do we need to order our own tickets individually, or will they be purchased as a group?

Are we going to have the TLF display?

Bibs, Sparky, you guys in?

Looking forward to seeing our new friends again (and maybe a few new ones from LEC?)

1. Dave and Megan

2. Paul & Sarah

3. Nigeninga

4.Steve1

5.Dave Eds (with LEC, TLF)

6. PFD.

7. Owen & Tracy - Esprit GT3

8. Alan & Evi - S3 Turbo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm up for this as well!

1. Dave and Megan

2. Paul & Sarah

3. Nigeninga

4.Steve1

6. PFD.

8. Alan & Evi - S3 Turbo

9. Richard - Excel SE

1. Dave and Megan

2. Paul & Sarah

3. Nigeninga

4.Steve1

6. PFD.

8. Alan & Evi - S3 Turbo

9. Richard - Excel SE

10. Alan + 1 - Tesla

Hi,

I've just called Duxford to find out about the booking. The lady said it will be £9.50 per car, I said someone has provisionally booked/enquired about a number of cars for display as a Lotus group. She said the dead line is three weeks before the event, so whoever is taking reponsibility for the group booking (Don't know if that is you Dave Eds), I don't mind sending payment to that person, but it perhaps needs sorting soon as usually their will be a display slip to get into the event that will be needed by everyone, so they will need sending out.

Or we could just sort our own and say we are with the club it's booked under, LEC or TLF.

Owen

link to LEC topic for those of you that want to read it (no need to be a member unless you want to post on it)

Dave (Freeman) - yes, happy to coordinate with LEC

http://forum.lotuselancentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=18482&p=245063#p245063

Dave.

I don't know if it's appropriate to do so, but is it worth copying this thread (or at least a mention of it) over to the main 'Events' forum?

I almost didn't notice this one, because it's buried in the Cambridge Group regional forum.

Seems a shame that some other members might not get to know about it.

As a 'Newbie', I don't know if regional events are supposed to be posted in the main events section, so I'll leave it to someone else to do...

So all you know these are the rules

RULES AND REGULATIONS

1. All drivers & vehicles are to be appropriately licensed & insured.

2. Vehicles must obey the speed limit of 5mph on site.

3. Vehicle movement is prohibited once on site and parked up by marshals.

4. No dogs are allowed on site – this is a CAA safety precaution for all live airfields.

5. No BBQ's or gas appliances are allowed on the Museum site.

6. Driving competitions are not permitted.

7. We do not allow overnight parking or camping.

8. Smoking: All Museum buildings are strictly No Smoking.

9. Signage: The Imperial War Museum Duxford will supply signage as required. All provided signage is the property of the Museum. All signage removed from site will be charged to the Car Club.

10. Car owners who are aware of leaks on their cars must bring pans to avoid contamination of the grass areas

11. Photography: Visitors who wish to film or take photographs for commercial use, i.e. where the intention is to publish, present or otherwise attempt to exploit the commercial value of the results, must get a permission from the Museum prior to the event. A charge may apply. Please contact the Public Events Officer for further details.

12. Trading: The club must inform the Museum at least two weeks prior to the event if they wish to invite traders or sell any car related items themselves. A charge may be applicable. Traders will need to send their Public Liability Insurance and risk assessments(s) to the Public Events Officer prior to the event. Traders /clubs are not allowed to sell refreshments.

13. Public Liability Insurance: A gazebo, banner trailer unit and/or a flagpole are allowed as long as the club has Public Liability Insurance and they are erected safely. Failure to do so will result in being asked to take down the structure. A copy of the Public Liability Insurance will need to be send to IWM Duxford three weeks prior to the event.

14. Waste: Please take all your waste home or deposit it in one of the collection points.

15. The Imperial War Museum reserves the right to request an exhibitor and his/her guest(s) to leave the museum site at their discretion.

16. Payment: Admission will be collected by a member of IWM staff at the entrance gate. The admission rate is £9.50 per person. Children under 16 can go in for free. NO further reductions are available as this is already a discounted rate compared to our standard admission of £16.50.

So note the entry is £9.50 per person payable at the entrance and please note rule 13 with regards to gazebo/tent etc.

Regards Bob (LEC)

Edited by bobbrown

When you arrive do not use the main gate as car clubs have their own entrance to Quote

"There is a separate gate for car clubs which will open at 0930. It will be gate 1, which is the nearest one to Royston and will provide some signs on the A505 which will lead you into that gate."

post-6049-0-01166200-1301411401_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing I may have missed the deadline to buy a ticket now? - plus the Excel has worn the winter badly in various places so isn't really in show condition....if i'm down at my parents that weekend i'll probably come as a pedestrian!

No - you're still OK - so bring it!

I'm seeing Bob on Tuesday so we'll sort an update for you all!

Dave.

so do i need to buy direct from the show?

Regulation number 16, in post 36.

I'm hoping to still make this event, car is going for MOT this Saturday. I've just serviced the brakes, new front pads, new braided brake hoses all round and replaced some bad brake pipes. One wheel bearing was advise, but have sorted this problem easily. I'm hoping to do a few other jobs before the event, also fit my new V8 front lower splitter, so it will be back on axle stands again this weekend after the MOT.

Owen.

If there's still room and the weather looks good I'll come along too. Just got a new MOT :thumbsup:

Martyn :welcome:

1. Dave and Megan

2. Paul & Sarah

3. Nigeninga

4.Steve1

6. PFD.

8. Alan & Evi - S3 Turbo

9. Richard - Excel SE

10. Alan + 1 - Tesla

11. Fitz

12. Martyn

Dave - Pay on the gate on arrival (special entrance)

don't know about meeting up? i don't know if i know of anywhere nearby where so many cars could meet up - might be easier just to turn up and make way to same spot!

I'm hoping to have touched up my wheels for the display

This looks great fun, I would like come along as well if there is still room.

Thanks

skiing - Yep - copy and paste the list and add your name.

PFD - proposal is to meet at Birchanger Green Services and drive spiritedly through the back lanes!

Dave.