Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Mk2 Evora? - Page 2 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Mk2 Evora?

mdavies

Also there has been no official communication by Lotus about this!

The Evora that will be on show in Geneva will have minor styling changes if any at all and a new interior design...:welcome:

OK, so no official communication from Lotus but you go on to say that the Evora at Geneva will have a new interior design. Where is that info coming from!!! iamconfused.com :scared:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well yes it is kind of a speculation from my side - although i did remember reading it somewhere as i have been doing a lot of research on the Evora...:scared:

Basically i am inches away from ordering an Evora S as i have now sold my S2 Exige :( and what a great car that was!!!

so what happens i receive the offer all i need to do is sign it and send it back and the Autocar news leaks out on the same day :o

so i get it touch with my dealer to ask for an explanation as you do... and i have been re assured that there is nothing to it...

mind you dealer networks also once said that a SC Kit would be available for NA Evora's and that wasn't true!!

so there you go - my personal view is that at the Geneva motorshow there will be a new evora but it wont be like the one Autocar suggests... a new interior? maybe

lets see i live in Geneva so i'll camp by the Lotus stand the night before they open up :D

Go and order it now and take advantage of the current climate (seasonal & financial). There won't be anything at Geneva that will affect your decision, your dealer has even given you that reassurance. :thumbsup:

I had the same reassurance from my dealer: there was talk of 'soft touch' interior grab handles! Go for it! I did and its fantastic, far better than i thought it would be. Just so much fun.

The chances are if they're announcing new interiors, they will fit them to your car by the time they build it anyway.

I specced my car up, and by the time they built it the Xenons were free. Good thing I hadn't spent £600 on the option!

I like the new front too but wouldn't it massively lessen the impact of the look of the new range if Lotus lash up the Evora a couple of years ahead of the rest of the new line up? As for sales, has it really done that well? I can't imagine talk of an S2 is going to do those dealers with cars on their forecourts much of a favour, but then it's a tough time for the market as a whole I guess.

I still love the car though... sofa.gif

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

• 2 weeks later...

Posted on Lotus Talk too... i went for the Evora S at the end... :thumbsup:

ordered it last week! should have it by mid April i was told by my dealer..

spec's: Aspen White 2+2, Tech pack, black leather and alcantara interior, Black alloys, reversing camera & parking sensors ( u need those!!)

I'm also having the roof, splitter,mirros in matt black wrap following the carbon concept example..

Looking forward to the day a pick it up and feels really good to be back in a Lotus soon :cheers:

I'll post some pictures in a few months time!

cheers guys!

Kevin.

• 4 weeks later...

"Car" Magazine is sticking to it's view that the Evora will be upgraded soon. (April issue, pages 68 and 70.) They do say "rumours suggest", but then also: "The company is saying nothing but the revised Evora will be on sale later this year.".

They also say "The Evora is great". So that confirms they can be correct about some things anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

"Car" Magazine is sticking to it's view that the Evora will be upgraded soon. (April issue, pages 68 and 70.) They do say "rumours suggest", but then also: "The company is saying nothing but the revised Evora will be on sale later this year.".

Any new updates, gossip, rumours, outright lies on this? I sat out last year in the Liz, loved every minute of it but it's THAT time of year again and there's a good amount of Evoras sitting in showrooms just waiting to be driven. However if there's a updated model round the corner..... I might think about my options again. :coffee:

Buy one anyway.

Its the Series 1 of anything that takes on collectors status (Cortina, Elan, Land Rover, Mini, even Elise already).

If it does get replaced later this year you'll be sat on a future investment, for sure.

I wonder if the owner of a Mk1 Lotus Cortina was having similar worries back in the day? His car's now worth £30,000 to £100,000 whilst the Mk2 is worth £10,000 on a good day.

Life's too short to wait!

Ha.. so there's definitely one in the pipeline then! :rofl:

I agree with you though and I loved my old S1 Liz although I wouldn't swap back from my S2, it may not such a purists car but it's much easier to live with!. :sofa:

I was guilty of sitting on the fence last year and was thinking about a couple of options before I got too busy to look around and other things became priorities etc. I've really come round to liking the Evora though, I guess it's about time I drove one... it's things like the Vantage on your site that set me thinking tempting but I think I talked myself out of those a while back!

• 1 month later...

They also say "The Evora is great". So that confirms they can be correct about some things anyway!

In fact, Car Magazine went so far as to tell its readers to not buy the Evora S because they believe a Series 2 version is imminent.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

My opinion is, if you constantly wait for the latest model to be released, you will never end up buying one. There are always updates in the pipeline.

Why not wait until 2035 when the the Evora Twin Turbo GT3 RS comes out?

I have seen the so called interior update in Geneva. it is an alcantara looking beige covering all on the inside. but the inside itself stays the same. I was told that Lotus wants to check the feedback of the visitors on it. it all looks a bit smoother, more for eldery people maybee...creates a kind of saloon effect. Looks fine,.. yes... but I think not worse to discuss about. Somebody likes it, somebody not... it's ok.