Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Copies of Buttons/Switches for Lotus Esprit S1 1978 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Copies of Buttons/Switches for Lotus Esprit S1 1978

I am looking for replacement switches/black buttons that go on the speedometer pod faces for my Lotus Esprit S1 1978 - Does anyone know if there are copies on other cars? It costs 20 pounds per switch + VAT and postage to replace all 6 at SJ Sportscars...think this is a tad excessive!!

Thanks

Rich

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are not the correct switches for the S1, S2 yes but not the S1. S1 had more rocker type switches very similar to those used on a Morris Marina or MG Midget. Do a search on ebay for Morris Marina switch and you will find some.

If SJs is the only place that has them then that's why they want 20.00 GBP a pop, supply and demand and all that. If that was a vendor in the US then they would be selling them for at least $55.00 a switch. Recently I was quoted $10.00 ( 6.17 GBP ) for a new old stock Esprit S2 lug nut, $160 ( 98.72 GBP ) for all 16.

Edited by GavinT

Cheers Gav....I'll pursue with your advice....will post pics of my car shortly

The first pic has a motif on and usual Esprit buttons were plain black...? so presuming this one couldn't be used...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/lucas-NOS-39463-159SA-light-switch-fits-MORRIS-MARINA-/230574603287?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35af513c17

panel switch may be possible? May just be easier to use sj sports buttons ....just seems so expensive along with the rest of the car!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/lucas-NOS-39831-159SA-panel-switch-fits-MORRIS-MARINA-/300491380686?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f6ae97ce

If the panel switch fits then I would use that. Although it may not be 100% correct it is the correct style. Ask the ebay seller to provide you with the max amp rating for the switch and if it has enough for what you want then I would buy it .Looking at SJs I could only find a few S1 switches starting at 28+.

• 3 weeks later...