Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hand Brake - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hand Brake

Hi guys got a bit of issue with the hand brake on the esprit.When ever u pull the handle up it does not seem to stay in a locked position.

Is there a adjustment that needs no be done or do u think that a spring or something is broken..Will have a look at it tomorrow any advise would be great

Regards

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you hear the clicks as you pull up the handle (without pressing the button on the lever)? Sounds like the locking mechanism has given up...

Edited by RV_ABZ

1980 Peugeot 504 Coupé V6Ti

2000 Peugeot 406 Coupé V6SE

1996 Lotus Esprit S4s

If it works sometimes, the pawls could be sticking and it may just need some lubrication. I haven't heard of this exact problem happening on an Esprit before. On one of my old Hondas, there was an adjust on the lever (the button screwed in and out), but that's not the case here. I had to take the driver's seat out on my car to access the cables, but it was an easy job to adjust them and look at the mechanism, when I adjusted mine a couple of years ago.

Good Luck, Trevor

• Gold FFM

Shaf - I used to have this problem! Guess I just got used to it, so didn't think to mention it. I just flicked the knob rapidly at the top, and that forced it to engage. Never got round to lubricating it, but I think that would be the answer.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.