IGNORED

1980 Lotus Elite

ebay

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You reckon Guy?

Looks a bit scruffy to me for a five grand elite....

but maybe its because I am a tight ar$ed scottish git....

looks ok for a 31 year old car. The interior seats look like they need some work, but not major by the look of the pics. Low mileage for its age as long as the service history checks out.

Elite S2's are rare and clearly become more and more popular so who knows, anything less would be good for the buyer.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

"Looks a bit scruffy to me for a five grand elite...."

i would confirm that statement too!!!

also wondering why the pictures come in such a low resolution!!!

that car is rather 2500,-pound than 4995,-!!

I've been in touch with the seller. He seems more interested in selling the numberplate than the car. :unsure:

He acquired it from a friend who's husband died 5 years ago, it had been sitting in his garage unused for over 7 years. He trailered it to his garage and got it running with fresh fuel, plugs, battery, oil and filter. He says it runs fine, but needs new tyres and some work to the handbrake and rear-wiper for the MOT. All electrics are OK he says.

It's been resprayed at some point and looks tired. There's a few chips and scratches and a bit of crazing.

Seems a bit pricey to me too. But how fussy can you be these days, there ain't that many to choose from...

EbayMar11a.jpg

EbayMar11b.jpg

EbayMar11c.jpg

• 4 months later...

Incidentally I`m the brave soul/ optimistic idiot (not sure which yet) who bought this one - at a grand off . TBH it`s not mint and have seen similar for less, but not many 2.2 s about and I am scared of series 1 basketcases - anyway it got me back to London from Telford OK (150 miles) and the water temp immediately went to normal with the some proper coolant in it . I`ve replaced the belts (cambelt just in time as the bearing was seized !!!)and got hold of an unused 2.2 fuel line to carb which is the next job. Then grease the suspension tops. One headlight has suddenly decided not to rise which I think is a faulty connector, mystery problem starting (on a slope) which has no recurred.

So, still kinda waiting to enjoy it !

• 3 weeks later...

Good for you mate, not much choice these days for s2's so if you got her for around the 4k mark i dont think thats too sore. At least you are able to do the work on the car to avoid large bills. I have 2 x s1's and just paid £412 for a cam belt replacement!

Dont fear the s1's they are okay really. I havent had much bother with mine at all. Good luck anyway and get some pics on when she is all polished up! Eliteman.....

on the subject of keeping track of the cars, we talked before about maintaining an elite/eclat/(excel?) register, and wondered if it could be done through the garage system of TLF.

I think it was Mike M that was the registrar previously. Do you have his contact details Mark, as I would be happy to take over the data and keep it alive.

D