Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Why have you got three? - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Why have you got three?

Roger 912

This has been brought up quite a few times at Motorshows when people see three Lotus together with the same owner.

My response is to ask them how many paintings or pictures do they have hanging up on the walls of their homes.

To me the Lotus cars, especially the Giugiaro designed Esprit are works of art that I can never tire of looking at, but also works of art that I can enjoy by driving them.

No road is long enough and all journeys in my Lotus are too short.

...because you don't have space for four?

That sums it up for me!

Note to self: Must try harder, only have two :huh:

There was a young man in his prime

Who married three girls at one time;

When asked "Why the third?"

He said "One is absurd.....

And bigamy, Sir, is a crime!!"

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I have the same problem with watches. It's usually not worth engaging such individuals, but the art reference is spot on, and sometimes works :P

Edited by 73JPS

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

I've also wondered about this and been confronted with the question. Inevitably my thoughts go to my friend and über-bassist weirdo, Michael Manring, who was asked the same thing by his dad after he got his third bass. I think his solution was rather elegant and uncompromising...

So I think the answer is to find a way to hitch all your Lotuses together in a convoy and drive the lead car.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

More than friends, but I flatly refuse to have sex with him. Seriously, he's a brother. Do you have Soliloquy? If not, I'll have him send you a copy.

I don't have anything of his stuff, but every time I hear any I'm deeply impressed. I'm a *seriously* lapsed garage-band bassist, so players like him make my mind reel with the amazing possibilities of our chosen instrument. :respect:

Edited by The Veg

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

• Gold FFM

As I can't do all the experiments and works on only one car ..everyone needs at least one car for daily use .. to compensate all the effects on the other cars

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Wow, we're getting way OT here, but I guess I should dispel any notions of Michael looking feminine (although he has been known to discuss hair-care products with my wife) by directing you to this page at another friend's site for your amusement: http://robeberhardyoung.com/images/rey_gallery/pages/16.htm

I've also wondered about this and been confronted with the question. Inevitably my thoughts go to my friend and über-bassist weirdo, Michael Manring, who was asked the same thing by his dad after he got his third bass. I think his solution was rather elegant and uncompromising...

So I think the answer is to find a way to hitch all your Lotuses together in a convoy and drive the lead car.

Hi Matt. Yes we do drive them in convoy when we take all three to car shows locally. We have a large show in George, about 960 cars last show, another in Knysna, about 150 cars and last week a show in Plettenberg Bay, about 65 cars.

George is a 90 minute drive, Knysna about a 35 minute drive and Plettenberg Bay about 3 kms to the hotel venue.

Never been to South Africa, or in fact anywhere in Africa, but that sounds like a blast.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Sorry to be so late to this thread but I do want to say thanks for the interest in my weirdo bass playing and confirm that Matt is, indeed, a major dude! I'd buy him an Elise if I could ever make any money from playing three basses at the same time!

• Like 1