Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SJ Sportscars Uprated Engine Mount Kit - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

SJ Sportscars Uprated Engine Mount Kit

I am thinking about getting this kit (quoted 145 GBP).

Has anyone got any experience with it, particularly with fitment to a car with aftermarket headers?

Also, My car is not fitted with the Engine Stabilzer bar, and I have not seen one. I'm thinking about fabricating one myself. Any opinions on its usefulness, and can anyone post a picture (please!)?

cheers

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes if you do a search you should be able to find some info on it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did several with different criteria before posting and didn't turn anything up, and just did a few more and still didn't find anything specific..... Do you know a link?

Unfortunately, the picture of mine is stuck on a computer with a broken power supply but I can try to describe it.

It has a cylindrical boss at the back which fits in the bracket on the chassis which holds the left-hand chassis brace. A five sixteenths inch bolt goes through the bracket and this cylindrical boss. At right angles to this boss at the middle, is a length, about 6 inches (quiet at the back!) again five sixteenths diameter. This points towards the engine and the front 2 inches or so is threaded. On this are 2 rubber washers sandwiched between 2 inch and a quarter metal washers. There is a nut in front and behind these so they can be clamped up. Sandwiched between the rubber is a metal bracket. This holds the air pump at the top (on my Federal car) and bolts to the bellhousing in two places below. The bracket is about an eighth of an inch thick.

I don't know what the difference is between having the bracket and not but I suppose it must do something as mine was broken and I had to get the rod welded back to the boss. Originally, I thought it was to stop the air pump vibrating back and forth.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Hi Ian,

Just fitted it to mine along with the SJ tubular manifold. The fit was relatively straight forward and very snug. The only thing I have experienced is that these mounts take up quite a bit more space than the original so can't see any space for the heatshield. Think I'll have to go down the insulation rap route for protection.

On the other side the oil filter mount needed a bit of work as the original angle wouldn't allow it to fit the locating notch with the new mount in place. Only a case filing the notch to give a bit more room.

Let me know if you need anymore details & pics.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009