Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Roving Report Required - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Roving Report Required

Bibs

CTL are running 3 of the 79's at Snett on the 4th May, can anyone local please head along with a camera, get some pics and write the event up for TLF?

On 4thMay at Snetterton Race Circuit we expect to be reuniting three of the 1978World Championship winning Team Lotus type 79s, namely 79/1, 79/2 and79/3. This will be the first time ever that three JPS 79s have been togetheron track at the same time. 79/1 was the test & development carwhich became Mario’s spare car and then was raced at the end of theseason. 79/2 was raced to victory by both Mario and Ronnie. 79/3was Mario’s principle race chassis in which he won three Grand Prix. Nicknamed Black Beauty, the type 79 has twice been voted the most beautiful F1car ever. Recently it topped the poll of greatest ever F1 designs.

On behalfof owner Paul Rego, 79/1 will be driven by Doc Bundy, the last man to win anFIA Championship in a Works Lotus racing car.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bibs, i'd love to go along to this, do you need a pass or will you be able to just enter the circuit. i'm no hack but what sort of write up do you require. could be a good excuse for buying a new camera, one of those digital thingys.

chipp

Your name will be on a list to get in and as far as writing goes, just write what you see, what you think and what you feel about it. If you head to the pits, ask the drivers and organisers any questions that spring to mind. No pressure, I'll edit your piece if you like too, it's just some fun and a pulizer doesn't depend on it :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

ok bibs, you're on. let me know what time they are likely to roll up and if there is anyone we need to report to when we arrive. can you make that +1 (spouse). hope to see you there aswell richard.

are you going to duxford bibs, if so are you bringing any merchandise, i fancy a few stickers. :D

chipp

• 2 weeks later...