Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ride height - Page 2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ride height

I have just bought a beautiful black 1988 Lotus Esprit Turbo 2.2l 4 cylinder. Only problem I have (so far) is the ride height. I have a slight slope to my drive and dropped kerb onto the road and I am scraping the front spoiler on the road going in and out. This is not too serious but embarrassing and potentially expensive! I have measured the ride height as about 135mm to the centre of the spoiler with tyre pressures of 25psi, a bit above the ‘recommended’ 21psi. Can someone please tell me if this is low/high/correct? If it is too low what can I do about it? After reading a lot of the correspondence about ride height, I’m sorry but the aesthetics of how cool it looks compared to wiping the spoiler off one of these days and the related expense or moving house don’t matter.

Thanks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the correct way to measure is to the center of the chassis at the Tee in the front and the rear hoop under the transmission. The Lotus spec That I know was 170mm, but I'm not sure about the UK spec 88.

Measuring the body isn't accurate, since these cars were hand built and do vary from car to car, or even side to side...

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE