Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fuel Tank Interchangeability - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Fuel Tank Interchangeability

dodge1979

Possibly in the wrong section...but does anyone know of any issues that would arise in using a later GT3 right hand fuel tank in an earlier S4. I know the GT3 only had the filler neck on the near side, so the off side filler would be redundant on the S4. Other than that they look identicle. If I remember rightly, were the later tanks slightly smaller? Or was that the V8's......Would there be any issues with filling both tanks from the one side.. obviously its done on the GT3 this way but is it a pain in the bumbum with air blocks etc?

I ask as my tanks are out at the moment..the nearside is shot blasted, in perfec condition and currently being repainted and sealed etc to ensure it lasts longer..but the offside was pinholed underneath...so its either repair or replace..depending on cost. Im not going down the road of stainless at the min unless someone has one very very cheap!

cheers chaps!

Darren

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had mine repaired quite in-expensively, but it's important to have it pressure checked.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)