Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Where have you not been in the UK? - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Where have you not been in the UK?

Paul C

F**k me!

Tis a rare thing for me to agree with Kimbers on something or to take his advice, either i'm getting older or he's getting dafter...

:D

But there is a very good chance i'll stay in one of those hotels he listed. Good links mate.

:)

Oh and bazza, chances are the next pic you see of my porker it (it's not a she yet) will be skinned of it's panels and pampered underneath with new metally bits.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

last week I hired a boat from Caleycruisres and went from Inverness to Fortwilliam.

28- 30 deg C a couple of days.

If only the weather was like this all summer.

post-7866-0-81178700-1305123808_thumb.jp

post-7866-0-01697200-1305123857_thumb.jp

Here for a good time, not a long time

To: Members of The Lotus Forums, et al

It is with great disappointment that members of the Council have noted the remarkable lack of commentary on Stornoway as being high on the list of "where have you not been in the UK?" As an historical perennial front runner in this category, we naturally assumed that our fair town would have rocketed to the top of the heap. Years of relative isolation and geographical challenges to travel have accustomed us to routinely placing at or near the top of "least likely to visit" labeling and "avoidance at all costs" heritage. Not even Swindon can match our peerless record of touristic insularity and consistent lack of recognition in the finer travel publications.

Ah, but if you come............

The Stornoway black pudding is regarded as one of the top gourmet black puddings in the United Kingdom.

Stornoway Kippers and Stornoway smoked salmon are still produced in the town. They have one of the last working brick kilns in the United Kingdom, which can be found at the establishment of Stornoway Fish Smokers, Shell Street.

Do not miss the Lewis Sports Centre (Ionad Spors Leòdhas), which has a Climbing Wall, much taller than Hadrian's.

There is also the Stornoway Karate Club, a member of the International Japan Karate Association.

A lighthouse, seaweed processing plant and a renewable energy manufacturing yard are situated on Arnish Point at the mouth of the harbour.

As you can see, we have much to offer, but apparently not enough to retain most of our illustrious natives.........

Stuart Braithwaite, lead guitarist of Glasgow based band Mogwai - mother was born in Stornoway.

Angus MacAskill, the strongest man to have ever lived - born in Berneray and briefly lived in Stornoway before emigrating to Canada.

Alexander MacKenzie, explorer, after whom the Mackenzie River in Canada is named. (what the hell does Canada have that we don't anyway?)

And our best kept secrets trivia facts:

Donald Trump, American billionaire - mother came from Tong, a village four miles from Stornoway.

The Beggar's Banquet folk-rock band Stornoway took their name from the town, after seeing it on the BBC weather report.

In the motion picture "Latitude Zero" by Toho Productions (1969), Stornoway Harbour is featured on a wall plaque as the construction site of the submarine "Alpha".

And, after a hard day of touring the Stornoway Lifeboat Station, you can unwind at the Lews Castle Grounds is the home of Stornoway Golf Club (the only 18-hole golf course in the Outer Hebrides).

So.........what's not to like? We look forward to your visit (and your sterling). Come see us soon, in sexy Stornoway.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

o.......k.......... :tumbleweed:

Hey Paul.

Definately recommend those pubs/hotels. Nice to see we are on the same wavelength (as always!! :innocent: ).

Scott.

Both Wendy and I looked at doing that last year, but we went to Wales instead. Looks like next years holiday though! Do u mind me asking how much they are to rent?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Kimbers

It worked out about £1300 for 5 days, not bad for 5 adults and 1 child, this included all birthing, lock fee’s, electric hook ups & our fuel (we used £200), just needed to pay for beer and food.

The boat we had slept 6 adults and 2 children, there are loads of different boats (29 total) with all variants of size and lay out.

They have a facebook page, customers coments say it all.

You will not be disapointed.

Scotty

Here for a good time, not a long time