Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I'll show you mine, now you show me yours - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I'll show you mine, now you show me yours

If you're talking about Mark Blanchard then I think he has the best looking S car I've ever seen :huh:

If you're talking about Britten Mark, then I have to say that orange is still the best looking color on any car <_<

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

Sorry for the stupid question but how do you get the pictures into your posts? Is it using the "Add this attachment" button?

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try using an image hosting site. You download to them then copy the link to your message on the treads. :lol:

Try

http://www.imageshack.us/

or

http://www.photobucket.com/

Took a little getting use to but simple once you lean the basics.

Have Fun :o

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Guest Troy Halliday

If you look through the previous posts I gave a quick how to guide but if you still need some help just PM me and I'll help sort it out B)

Thanks for the help Troy and Cliff,

I think I've got the hang of it now so here are some pics of my car. I don't have any of the pretty type handy so I thought you might like to see some of the car being resprayed and tarted up as happened recently. I hope you like them...

Getting the old peeling paint off...

StrippingEsprit2.jpg

Nearly finished...

NearlyFinishedEsprit2.jpg

Waiting for collection - and yes, that is snow - typical...

JustFinishedEsprit2.jpg

Doing the final tarting up at home.

TightSpaceEsprit2.jpg

The finished car looking mean in the street.

InTheStreetEsprit2.jpg

Edited by RichardN

Guest Troy Halliday

No thats fine mate don't worry. We can cope with it I'm sure :lol:

Ah yes red dust everywhere reminds me of my smurf days :o

TroyspicturesNovember2004019.jpg

Troys-pictures-November-20.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

you underestimate us.

A bunch of flashy lights don't phase us :D

Hell. We accept karl even :D

las-vegas-nevada-scenery1.jpg

Slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Hmmm... Hi Shah, Hey Gonzalo... and other Espritophiles. One more US Esprit. 2003.5 Final Edition V8. Yellow with black interior. The last Esprit imported to the US, according to Customs records. Not the last built, though, according to Lotus records (that would be Denis' car - also yellow).

Link to gallery: http://www.pbase.com/jbrookstone/espritfe

Jay

Hi Jay,

I met both you and your car a while back too :) Can attest that both look great :lol:

Slade

Edited by slade

Hmmm... Hi Shah, Hey Gonzalo... and other Espritophiles.  One more US Esprit.  2003.5 Final Edition V8.  Yellow with black interior.  The last Esprit imported to the US, according to Customs records.  Not the last built, though, according to Lotus records (that would be Denis' car - also yellow).

Link to gallery:  http://www.pbase.com/jbrookstone/espritfe

Jay

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey jay.... hope everything is going well with you. i think we are planning to get the socal esprit guys together sometime in the coming weeks for a group picture. i will give you a call when i have details. take care...

Shah

1979 Esprit S2. Long Beach, CA

As requested by Shah...

NOTE: I KNOW... those wheels are HORRIBLE BUT original ones are being reconditioned and will be back on the car next week. This is a first owner example (88 year-old LADY!!!), with original 47'000 km on the clock, and full history from the first day. Original wheels had been taken out as well as the 2 spoke steering wheel when new. The wheels had been stored and they need some correction to go "round". The rest is all original down to the last screw with NO wear anywhere. I was not willing to buy another Esprit, but sometimes, there are example you DO NOT HAVE TO miss.

newer pictures available... see page 9

Edited by Alireza

Yes they're those horrible Gotti's... often seen on Alpine A310s.

Looking forward to have the original wheels on the car as fast as possible.