Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I'll show you mine, now you show me yours - Page 52 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I'll show you mine, now you show me yours

Haha it's ok I don't mind the teasing - and I'm cool with the fact some people hate the matt look on cars or think it's pants. The world would be boring if we all loved the same things and I sure as heck love the matt black and the Evora. :) Really pleased with it.

Regards washing, yep that's the theory. Dirt shouldn't stick to it so much either and should just wash off much easier or with a heavy rain shower. Water beads on it in quite a bizarre way - I was fascinated with rain drops on it while driving today, they just seemed to bounce along the wing and disappear off the edge.

I'm not sure what a well-polished car does with water as I've never had one, I'm rubbish at keeping vehicles clean as I always live either down muddy tracks or near farms with sludge and mud all over the nearby roads. But certainly before the coatings went on (it's had a lot as the paint is so absorbent) water just sort of "smeared" on it if you jet washed it. Now it behaves like mercury.

• 2 weeks later...

Jason

I think the Matt Black on your Evora is stunning and without reflections it shows of the beauty of the lines in this car. Glad to hear you are enjoying it, I miss mine a lot. As you say the ride is fantastic and I regularly did over 300 comfortable miles in a day as it was my company car.

It was probably the highest mileage Evora in the land when I sold it and had 36,000 miles on it in 18 months. I enjoyed every mile.

• Like 1

In the spirit of the forum area's name, I'd love to show you mine. But I want the right location and a decent photographer (I do my best with my iPhone 5 but hey). So please go read and reply to http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/65505-derelict-locations-accessible-to-cars-for-photos/

Thanks! ;)

Great vids of "the Ring" loved them! using the car as it should! and I just love the v8's with those wheels too

yep that's me in the vid, I don't actually look anything or sound anything like that in real life though!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...