Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I'll show you mine, now you show me yours - Page 6 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I'll show you mine, now you show me yours

Tony,

Yes that is new paint. Did a full strip and respray after matching the color (Lagoon Blue) under a sticker placed on the rear by the PO.

As for the lights....they are Hella driving lights and they are mounted on the blade spoiler (ouch!) care of the PO.

I have no clue if they are adjusted correctly but they do seem to work well and do hit the right spits on the road. A nice alternative to raising the pods. He also converted the headlights to halogens but I had to drop them back to conventional sealed beams when I discovered that the pods sat for weeks in the down position, under water. So, I need new reflector assemblies and bulbs. The wiring is ready though.

If you'd like, I can get a close up and some dimensions off the driving lights.

Oh, and that floating touch screen hovering over the radio....is attached to a removable mount attached by thumbscrew to a recessed/hidden bolt under the dash. 30 seconds and its back to original.

Also, thats 4 cow hides worth of Connolly leather, also care of the PO (single owner before me)

DomG

Dom Giangrasso

1977 S1 Esprit - Lagoon Blue

Alireza -- Wow!  That is the most gorgeous S2 I have ever seen (sorry Shah!).  And I appreciate your excellent photography, too! 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

None taken! I was in awe as well...

Shah

1979 Esprit S2. Long Beach, CA

Ok guys ! I'm back with my S2...

It has its original Speedlines back from reconditionning (we applied original "Reflector" treatment so that they shine as on the catalog! with new original size tires... Couldn't resist sharing pictures of the "finished" car. Note that the only non-original part is the steering wheel.

lotusespritblue13.JPG

lotusespritblue9.JPG

lotusespritblue8.JPG

lotusespritblue17.JPG

lotusespritblue12.JPG

lotusespritblue21.JPG

Wow. looks 10 times better with those wheels. Love the mirror shine B)

Now THAT'S what I call an interior :) chrome trim and brown velour might be the way to go for me...

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Thanks guys ! Will cherrish this one !

Did you notice? the old woman apparently never bothered with a radio...

When i had the wheels reconditionned, i was told the factory used to have that lacquer process that gives the shiny look, and i was asked if i'd like them back to original look or just normal "silver". Now, i think i did the right choice, not only because originality is the way to go, but also because the wheels just look GREAT, you have to wear sunglasses to look at them !!!

lotusespritblue23.JPG

My car isn't running its best ATM (I'll have to get on that in the next few days :lol:)

But the sun and sky decided to behave in reflective ways the other day, couldn't help but take a few pics. at least she still looks good B) (For people who live in regions where it doesn't exist that is indeed a blue sky's reflection ;))

DSCN1283Large.jpg

DSCN1257Large.jpg

lighterLarge.jpg

alsowithouthoopLarge.jpg

reflectiveLarge.jpg

Sorry if everyone's sick of my driveway. I'm saving my exotic locale shots for the calendar :P

Slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Thanks guys ! Will cherrish this one !

Did you notice? the old woman apparently never bothered with a radio...

When i had the wheels reconditionned, i was told the factory used to have that lacquer process that gives the shiny look, and i was asked if i'd like them back to original look or just normal "silver". Now, i think i did the right choice, not only because originality is the way to go, but also because the wheels just look GREAT, you have to wear sunglasses to look at them !!!

lotusespritblue23.JPG

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

please dont stop posting pics...

shah

1979 Esprit S2. Long Beach, CA

That's one stunning S2 you have there!!!! Something about the S2/2.2 always done it for me, not sure if it's the Speedlines, the black lower edges, whatever it is it just works!

Slade - what do you mean, not at it's best - yours looks immaculate!

andy

MK1 Volkswagen Golf Owners Club Well, had to get this one in if anyones interested?!

Thanks! Heh, well... the wastegate's a bit sticky but I think I've unstuck it for good :o Now I just have to deal with adjusting the boost. (Seems the previous owner put an adjustable wastegate... on the wrong position :o)

Can't believe I forgot my favorite angle shot! With pinky. But everything pales in comparison to the S2!

Honestly... I didn't like S2s compared to other Esprits, until I saw a few in real life... but that one seals the deal. They're gorgeous.

withoutLarge.jpg

Slade

Edited by slade

One humble request of mine:

could you post more shots of interiors and details, like Alireza did? just love 'em...

turboespritdark6hv.jpg

turboespritsideview2zb.jpg

turboespritskid0xm.jpg

turboesprittwilight5rx.jpg

licenceplate8jg.jpg

img32554jb.jpg

Edited by jimmybondi

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

All these beautiul pics are making me miss mine :o (I'm away from her at the moment... "vacationing" in Norcal... So I can't take any better interior pics either.

...though my dad is letting my borrow this :o But I'd still rather be in the Esprit :)

Slade

All these beautiul pics are making me miss mine :o (I'm away from her at the moment... "vacationing" in Norcal... So I can't take any better interior pics either.

...though my dad is letting my borrow this :o But I'd still rather be in the Esprit :(

Slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The red one in the shed :)

My Esprit is 100 miles away in the shop for almost 10 months now...be patient grashopper...

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de