Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEF Factory Visit (chat about the Event!) - Page 13 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEF Factory Visit (chat about the Event!)

I just wanted to remind everyone that there has not been any suggestion that this would include Elises just other older cars built at Hethel over the past 40 years.

The "all other cars built at Hethel" quote was me getting a bit carried away. Sorry...

Richard

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what you are all saying and agree to a point but have several issues.

Firstly, no one else will have the previous days events of a convoy of sorts and a party at the hotel...and concessionary rates, as this is all arranged by me and has no bearing on the factory.

Secondly and this is a big part of whats happening, the factory normally charges

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I'm afraid I kinda feel the same way as the guys...

I can see a lot of the international contingent dropping out :)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

The whole attraction of the event was the exclusive nature and the fact it was atractive to our overseas members. I am looking forward to meeting Esprit owners from far shores, I am not really botherd if the event is at the factory or not.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I'm afraid I kinda feel the same way as the guys...

I can see a lot of the international contingent dropping out :(

Why? Whats changed? There's gonna be other people around at the factory? There always were going to be as Factroy visits are only on certain days and then they try and do as many groups as possible.

The main attraction of this event was and still is that we all get together in one place for a great big piss up and show off the cars, take them back to their home and have a VIP look around specially for LEF/W. This hasn't changed :D What part has changed? We still get our own special parking area, still go round as a group and still get treated to a free day out at our Mecca!

Jeez.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

AK ....Yes I see your point and *rationally* I can't disagree. However, I feel the same way as Howard.

I'm not bothered about trying to 'blag a freebie' (although of course, I do appreciate whatever time, effort, generosity and motivation is involved by all parties in trying to do so on our behalf) ...I do see that it is the fact that it's at the factory and at the behest of the Kimberley dynasty ( :( ) that is attracting the international contingent. I simply hope that the event not being quite as exclusively 'ours' does not deter any of the people making the greater efforts to attend as this (for me) is what will make it the most amazing comination of factors to be the Esprit meet to end all Esprit meets! The Kimberley and the Barrat in the same place! All the guys coming from abroad in such a unique opportunity to meet up and then those of us local enough supplying the cars :D (if the feckers stay working long enough!) ...and of course the mad piss up on the 9th hole! (I know that's meant to be 19th but I anitcipate, nay expect, hi-jynx! :( )

I will be there no matter what (with gratitude) and I REALLY hope I am 'wronger' than a wrong thing. I will be very happy to be proven so. :(

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

to be the Esprit meet to end all Esprit meets! The Kimberley and the Barrat in the same place! those of us local enough supplying the cars :(

UNLESS a decision on the date is made quite soon, our Canadian Mountie friend will have to pass , as the cheap flights will be 'Out of season'

This I have been reliably informed.

Mike :D:(:(

P.S.

'KEEP IT WEDGES ONLY'

Oh all right then, we ought to have the Climax Elites as well !!!

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Ok all,

Am here with MJK and we have discussed the possibility of a LEW only special factory visit incorporating track test drives. I need to know GENUINELY who is going to be up for it.

I also need to know who can bring their own cars for a photo opportunity and also how many of our overseas members would be interested. I'm thinking there would be no cost other than getting here, maybe staying overnight and coming out on a piss up with me and the old man!

Dad thinks it's a great idea but needs to go back to his people with a firm number in mind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand what you are all saying and agree to a point but have several issues.

Firstly, no one else will have the previous days events of a convoy of sorts and a party at the hotel...and concessionary rates, as this is all arranged by me and has no bearing on the factory.

Secondly and this is a big part of whats happening, the factory normally charges

My take on all this is that I just wanted to visit the factory, have a look around and have a drink with a few mates :(

I personnally didnt really want it to become a big deal (everyone and his dog coming) as being hearded around like cattle isnt exactly appealing to me :D

And as Mr.Ring mentioned, I'm not even sure I can afford it anymore (as the cheap charter flight seats are all being filled) :(

I appreciate what Tony and his dad are doing, but maybe its becoming too big a monster? :(

(Wayne now takes cover and awaits outraged PMs) :(

stfu.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Seems like very minor changes to what is a much looked forward to event. B)

I'm happy to look at all Lotus cars there, after all, it's not as if it's

going to be wall to wall Esprits in the factory itself these days!

Bring yer own. :(

Right, am trying to sort now...on hold......still on hold.............OMG still on hold...10 minutes....right, I'll try again later.

Guest Troy Halliday

Oops didn't mean to stir the bucket of smelly stuff. I just thought it was best to air a few comments that had been made to me and get a clearer picture of what was going on.

I didn't mean to belittle the hard work TK is putting in and realise that an avent such as this takes quite some organising, especially with the immenent release of the Europa (which I note they reived the old name) the Track car for December (which I would love to get my hands on) and development on the new Super Car (the Esprit ......... come on you revived the Europa badge :rolleyes: ).

I will be there without fail and hopefully for a long weekend in case anyone else is going to be about.

Sorry Tony if I seemed to be attacking you or your hard work, it was just a nice thought to have a special event soley for the Esprits when we get overlooked so much of the time.

Oh and Tony I hate bloody footbal B)

Oh and Tony I hate bloody footbal  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

top man , I hate it too

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

22 brightly coloured men chasing a piece of inflated pigskin around a park....

Great! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: 666 yer, likeit :huh:

hate foolsball too , and mondays ( come to think of it, i hate everyday i have to work and not play with the car) :huh:

Love Esprits029.gif

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Do you think perhaps that he has got lost in the exchange!?!?! :rolleyes:

brazil.jpg

brazil18.jpg