Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEF Factory Visit (chat about the Event!) - Page 15 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEF Factory Visit (chat about the Event!)

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Wayne, I'll see exactly what my lodging situation is going to be like and report back B) (Little does Wayne know I snore and insist on sleeping naked, heh... oh wait, did I say that out loud? :)) Wouldn't mind sharing a room at all.

I definitely do want to go. Anticipating grave cultural mixups (like public school meaning private school... and private parts meaning public parts) :(

(My laid back California accent might convince people I'm actually laid back somehow :( won't people be disappointed)

Slade

Speaking of Laid back Californian Brogue. I spent last night..... :( sorry evening with Lotus S4S AKA Ed from California and his Elise toting mate. They were here for the Factory visit and Kimberley Norwich Tour.

It was a cool Kimbers evening starting with Bangers and Mash and Steak and Ale Pie closely followed by.....let me list this..... 2 pints of John Smiths Extra smooth, 1 pint of Fosters, 2 pints of IPA, 1 pint of Carling, 2 pints of Woodefords Best real ale, another pint of Fosters, Single Malt Scotch 10 yr old aged and then 12 year old Oak aged....ermmm.....then with glazed eyes I think it may have been 2 pints of Sam Smiths and another pint of Fosters.

My how we laughed.

:(:)

Edited by Kimbers

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Any thoughts on any chargeable extra's that can be offered? For example, Lotus can sort insurance to take your cars (at normal driving speeds) round the track. Don't all jump up and shout "ME!" though as the cost could be

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

They would charge us, to be interviewed? :(:D:lol:

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

While we are on the subject of extras, can I repeat the question I asked some time ago and ask if it would be possible to get access to the build records of our cars?

By that I mean any notes made about individual cars - who built them, any problems, special features, whatever still exists really. As an example, my car, an '88 Turbo, has SE rear wheels. I was told by Graham Arnold that it is likely that Lotus only had those available at the time of the build so put them on to get the car out. I am rather suspicious of that since I don't think the SE was in production at that time (although Lotus would probably have had the wheels in stock). It's more likely that a PO put them on in some attempt to make the car handle better. Maybe the records would prove either way!

Richard

Honest opinions?

dont really care about extras, just want to see the factory and meet people, especially those coming from overseas.

what would be nice is a firm date asap

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

9th would be better for me....

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Honest opinions? 

dont really care about extras, just want to see the factory and meet people, especially those coming from overseas.

what would be nice is a firm date asap

Coming very very shortly

What would Lotus charge to lay on a car for overseas visitors to drive around the test track? :D

The old Turbo Esprit engineering hack would suit me fine! :(

Lotus_87_turbo-1.jpg

As for lectures etc., could you persuade Oliver Winterbottom to make an

appearance? :lol:

O-Winterbottom.jpg

Would love to meet him (and John Miles) :(

70_ER_J.Miles_Portrait.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

I can drive my car at "normal" speeds every day :D

If however, they turn a slightly blind eye then perhaps people may be willing to do it?

Nice idea though... I personally have no inherent objection to stumping up for something extra / special - but I think it will entirely depend on how much said "extra" interests anyone as individuals? :P

For me the main thing is the mad international social / meet-up at mecca.

Now... If you got that Bouncy Boxing Ring, Clarkson and your Dad... THAT I'd pay money to see!!!! LMAO

Charity celebrity boxing match anyone? :huh:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

What would Lotus charge to lay on a car for overseas visitors to drive around the test track? :)

The old Turbo Esprit engineering hack would suit me fine! :)

Lotus_87_turbo-1.jpg

As for lectures etc., could you persuade Oliver Winterbottom to make an

appearance? :)

O-Winterbottom.jpg

Would love to meet him (and John Miles) :)

70_ER_J.Miles_Portrait.jpg

Frankly Wayne I'm disgusted in you. My godfather in place of my father!!!! Ok if thats the way you want it. Long way back from China though :(

I'm just sending a message to dad in Malaysia that he needn't make room in his diary :)

Better text Roger Becker at the same time, he was just test driver on that and all other Lotus's in the last 30 years :)

Crikey, Was also going to ask Giorgio but, better text him too.

How do you use this text thing..........let me see.....Dear Giorgio......Wayne he say niente, where's the send button?

Guest Troy Halliday

Hold the phone Oliver Winterbottom designed the Elite and Eclat and you want to meet him. Tell me it is to kick him in the balls for the idea in the first place :)

Frankly Wayne I'm disgusted in you. My godfather in place of my father!!!! Ok if thats the way you want it. Long way back from China though :( 

I'm just sending a message to dad in Malaysia that he needn't make room in his diary  :)

Better text Roger Becker at the same time, he was just test driver on that and all other Lotus's in the last 30 years :)

Crikey, Was also going to ask Giorgio but, better text him too.

How do you use this text thing..........let me see.....Dear Giorgio......Wayne he say niente, where's the send button?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just spent ten minuites typing a reply only to have the bleeder dissapear :)

Keep your shirt on Kimbers!

I assumed your dad would be too busy/ had better things to do than speak to us load of unworthys! :(

It would be an honour to meet him ! :)

Ditto for Bodger Wreaker :):(

Mr. Winterbottom is a great chap and an very underated stylist IMO, I would love to hear his recollections of working with the master (GG) :)

Now, If you can swing it to get Giugiaro to appear, that would be the dogs bollocks as far as Im concerned! B)

212px-Giorgetto_Giugiaro.jpg

SUNP0003-1.jpg

giugiaro.jpg

Toni, I gladda comma to da Lotusa factorya iffa ussa guyza havva whippa rounda and paya da expensa (20 Billiona lira shoulda do ita OK doakay ) :)

Whilsta Issa thera, I fixa da newa Esprita for free (anna data Russella Carra, he canna watcha da maistro atta worka) :):)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Guest Troy Halliday

Word to the wise Wayne in the event (admitadly rare) that Mr G. should do a search on his name on google your Italian text accent comes up pretty much top of the list. You don't want to wake up with a horses head in ya bed know do you.

(Cue Fishy for the pun)

Actually Troy, I'm more bothered by the thought of what would happen if Peter Stevens or Russell Carr or both of them cought up with me! :)

pub.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Hold the phone Oliver Winterbottom designed the Elite and Eclat and you want to meet him. Tell me it is to kick him in the balls for the idea in the first place  :)

There were 2 designers on the Elite and Eclat one for the Exterior and one for the Engineering design. So I reiterate, that would be my Godfather and Father....now, balls to the forfront please Mr Halliday.

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I am away in Stanstead for a couple of days, but my wife tells me there is a package waiting at home for me from Lotus. Fingers crossed and watch this space very carefully on Wed night, thursday.

Oh the suspense!!!!!!!

:)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif