Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEF Factory Visit (chat about the Event!) - Page 7 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEF Factory Visit (chat about the Event!)

wasnt there a post bibs that did limit the numbers to 200ppl and 100cars?,,,100 esprits would be amazing

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. We're not sure of numbers yet so I'd have not posted that, I don't think!

Can I also point out that contrary to my email yesterday you won't be able to drive your own car around the track for insurance reasons, you will most likely be given a spin around in something special they have at the factory :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

what ALL of us,,,,,that will take all day on its own

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

One humble sugggestion:

How about producing a badge that will show your Forum-Alias and the real name, so we can distiguish each other?

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Nope. We're not sure of numbers yet so I'd have not posted that, I don't think!

Can I also point out that contrary to my email yesterday you won't be able to drive your own car around the track for insurance reasons, you will most likely be given a spin around in something special they have at the factory :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Must be a double decker bus then :)

Did Bond drive one :)

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Hi,

actually impossible to travel and drive to Hethel.

Last was the 12 septembre 1998 (see my invitation with 2 flags put by me. A deep

sign for me of the entente cordiale between Uk and France ) and also a copie of my bill for one night before.) I was with my new S4 bougth in 04.1998 brand new. And The alone French (no journalist) at this dream anniversary meeting.

But later in this year or in spring 2007 is in my project to go back to Hethel with my S4 .

Thank's to Kimber Junior for His genius idea for each Lotus Esprit Driver or Deamer.

I follow the event throught the forum.

Patrick 59 Lille France

"Aut tace aut loquere meliora silentio" Salvator Rosa when 25 years old National Gallery London

Hi all,

Since we seem to be collecting ideas for what should happen on the big day, can I put my two pennyworth in and ask Kimbers (or his dad) if there is any chance of the Lotus archives being available (assuming such a thing exists)?

I am sure that many of us would like a chance to see what details or notes Lotus has about the building of our particular cars. Even if there is very little to see I, for one, would like to know just to stop me wondering what I was missing.

How about it?

Richard

Edited by RichardN

Hi all,

Since we seem to be collecting ideas for what should happen on the big day, can I put my two pennyworth in and ask Kimbers (or his dad) if there is any chance of the Lotus archives being available (assuming such a thing exists)?

I am sure that many of us would like a chance to see what details or notes Lotus has about the building of our particular cars. Even if there is very little to see I, for one, would like to know just to stop me wondering what I was missing.

How about it?

Richard

I think that all historic Lotus items were sold by an unmentionable pratt of a senior executive about 6 years ago. Included the Bond Cars, prototypes, etc etc. Something of interest is that they actually destroyed many old part moulds and this is why many parts aren't available for your cars via Lotus. So the Archive idea is a no no. By the way this whoring of Lotus's history does not reflect on any executive at Lotus or in the last 4 years.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

100 forum Esprits! :blink:

Its going to take me a day to look at all of them alone :P

2 day event? :huh:

Sunday for the LEF cars/ Monday for the factory? :)

Thats about it....maybe if we get enough pleading letters we can maybe get the old man down for a drink......

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Pencil me in if the Lotus isn't broke...

Jeff H

PS. if it IS broke I'll come in one of my other fleet - the ones that don't break down and moan at anyone I can get my hands on from LOTUS!

Only joking :blink:

Edited by jeff_hooper

So the Archive idea is a no no.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Tony - I think what Richard was asking about were the vehicle build records - e.g. build date, any special options, first owner, etc. - so that owners could see if there was any 'interesting' history of their vehicles... could such a service be available on the day and if so would it help to collect chassis numbers before the day for those interested?

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

I've altered the titles of the 'Event' and the 'Numbers for the

Event' threads to make it even more obvious for everyone.

:blink:

Remember you need to add yourself to the 'Numbers' thread for this

Event, and not just say you are going here... :huh:

Ta.

a few of the board are going i belive, there is a thread somewhere, im not as "RACE" tracks dont like loud cars. LMAO, better phone jenson button, he will need a cat and silencer for GB F1.

Thats about it....maybe if we get enough pleading letters we can maybe get the old man down for a drink......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure about this? :P

From what Ive read (as typed by you), he could easyly drink all us lot under the table! :blink::huh:

Alternately I would love to have a cup of tea with him in the works canteen B)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

a few of the board are going i belive, there is a thread somewhere, im not as "RACE" tracks dont like loud cars. LMAO, better phone jenson button, he will need a cat and silencer for GB F1.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Karl, would you mind if I bought a hacksaw and PERSONALLY removed your cars rear wing? :P:huh::blink:

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Hi All,

Yes, Dan is right, I meant the build records. I know a lot of the old historic cars etc were sold off because I was at the auction at Silverstone. There was no way I could afford any of it though as there were some serious collectors there with deep pockets.

Anyway, back to the point. Do Lotus still have the individual build records and is it possible they could be available to view?

Richard

Kimbers

Oh yes please