Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Good news for owners of radar detectors - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Good news for owners of radar detectors

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't celebrate if I were you, this only means that it (like te ID card bill) has fallen *for now*

It is nothing more than a stay of execution and they will just reintroduce the bill in a new parliament.

What it DOES do, is give me enough time for my lazy, disorganised 4r5e into gear and flog my old one now for top dollar and then buy myself a nice shiny top of the range jobbie for 50p once they're banned!

As it detectors are completely passive devices, there is absolutely no way of knowing if you're operating one!

I say install the detector in the bonnet and then place the sounder in the binnacle, with the buttons under the dash! Then have an easy to reach "OFF" switch somewhere (replacing the heated rear window button perhaps? Noone ever uses that!) ....just in case you need to go 'dark' :)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

All that microwave radiation is going to make you guys sterile :) ............Wayne83 Turbo ( Ontario Provincial Police found my built in detector, and caused $500 worth of damage removing it) :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

How did they manage to find it? Can you get detector detectors? Didn't think you could as they only recieve and don't emit a signal? Maybe i'm wrong, or were they just eagle eyed?  :)

Simon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Radar detectors are illegal in Ontario, not only when in use ,but just to have one is against the law! We get ours sent up from states in the U.S. My detector was installed in my car by its last owner who worked at Bombardier Aerospace and was some kind of boffin! It worked great until the Ontario Provincial Police started equipping some of there cruisers with Radar detector detectors! I wasnt convinced it was possible to do this, but on the day they got me it certainaly convinced me that it worked! The police are empowed to sieze either the detector or if you wont let them the car. I took the less stressfull way out but the Esprit took a beating whilst they tore it all out. :) Wayne 83 Turbo

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Police have (even in here north) radar detector detectors. But I have heard that there are some new radar detectors which notice police's detectors and makes warning or even shutdown. Sounds very scifi :)

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Here is also couple of interesting links about spectre and anti-cloaking system:

http://www.spectre-rdd.com/spectre.html

http://forums.audiworld.com/canada/msgs/32208.phtml

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

:) I have a conspiracy theory ,that the manufacturers of the Radar guns and the detectors work closely together to screw us either way..................Wayne 83 Turbo :) Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

I 'heard' that American insurance companies buy the police radar guns so they can catch more people, increasing their premiums :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are correct, the insurance company is Geico and people call the guns " Geico Guns"................Wayne 83 Turbo :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

i've given up with radar it just goes off all the time very annoying also i haven't seen a 'radar trap' for ages they all seem to use the lazer guns now, so i've got a lazer detector and Gps.

Is your device selectable?

I have X band (traffic light sensors) turned off and look

only for K and Ka band. Unit sits good as gold and the only

thing apart from cameras is the occasional petrol station's

automatic door. This is handy as it confirms it's actually

working! :)

I notice that the radars and kit used is always being updated so I guess its true that really you are wasting money. Ive got one and a police car sailed past me in my bmw the other day and the detector (with lazar jammer) didnt even flash a light at me. Saying that I live near GCHQ in cheltenham and the thing goes balistic in the area so I just turn it off.

Ive spoken to a copper about them and in all fairness he is all for them as the general view is that it makes safer drivers, using one of those we all slow down in areas the general driver does not as he is un aware of the cameras, guns, etc etc. Also the police man spoke of concealled temporary traffic lights and how he is sure they stop accidents!! I can see his point,

Out of interest who on here has been banned for speeding?

Yup, the use VASCAR and also PROVIDA which is a camera equiped version.

<---- (That's me on an LTI 20/20 screen) Been banned for speeding a couple of times, got more to come but I think Karl is the points champ having had somewhere around 54 points in his driving career! (Mainly for bad parking, homo-car offences and poor hair) :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.