Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
air con compressor pipes which is hi/low pressure - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

air con compressor pipes which is hi/low pressure

dodge1979

Can anone tell me if Im correct in thinking the two air con pipes in the engine bay are the larger diameter for low pressure and the smaller diameter for high pressure?..so the low pressure one attaches to the lower port on the compressor the smaller one the higher port..

cheers

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally speaking, the larger hose is the low pressure side (suction) and the smaller hose is high pressure (discharge). The ports on your compressor should be labeled as such.

On my S4 and S4s, the low pressure was on the top and high pressure on the lower compressor fitting.

I'm assuming you have an R134-A system, you can also tell by the quick disconnect service ports in the hoses for the gauges. The smaller fitting is the low pressure side and the larger fitting is the high.

Hope that helps.

1995 S4s

Indeedy doo! And successfully too..untill the gas escaped out my condenser! Despite my best efforts at repairing it, twice, it still has gained another leak so it looks like Ill be having to get a new one now for sure...other than that the kit I bought has worked. It was nice and cold whilst the refrigerant was filling into the system..but it didnt stay in there long!

Yeah, the trail of oil led me to another leaking joint on the tubing. Ive chased them around this rad several times, the problem is its repair upon repair to re-repair the repairs..you get me? sometimes its best to start afresh with new even though it will be expensive. I mean, lets face Ive rebuilt the car nut and bolt over the past nine months restoration so I may as well complete it with a new condenser...