Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Help needed for sending Esprit SE alloys - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Help needed for sending Esprit SE alloys

Hello together,

maybe someone remembers - I asked some time before for a set of Esprit SE alloys... Meanwhile I found a set via ebay - but unfortunatly I oversaw that the seller will not send them and that they only were for collection...

The set is located in Woodbridge, Suffolk - I just tried it via parcel2go but because of the size they didn´t answered to my request...

Does anybody have an Idea - how I could bring them to germany - other by pick them up by myselfe?

Would be great if someone has an idea or could help me...

Many, many thanks!

Calavera

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had wheels delivered by wheelcourier.com, looks like they will deliver to Germany. Only used them the once but it all went smoothly.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds nearly too nice to be real: 4 wheels for 75 pounds to germany... The seller had an offer from DHL meanwhile for 450,-!!!!

Checking right now the details with the seller...hope that works!!!

Many thanks again!

Calavera

After googling around some sites - I saw wheelcourier.com has a very bad reference... especially with pickup the goods - it seems they often still not apear...

Someone more has some experience with them?

I have sent some wheels and other items around the world using Transglobal Express with good results.

They actually use DHL, but offer you a huge discount on regular DHL rates.

You can do it all on line, and the DHL courier comes to the house and picks it all up.

Transglobal Express

Just make sure you put exactly what the items are on the waybill , and pack them well to ensure they arrive undamaged.

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Thanks Billy! well on Friday I arranged a pick up by FedEx via parcel2go.com - the seller divided the wheels in two packages - one for the front- and one for the rearwheels - so the size was o.k.. Tomorrow they should be picked up - hope that works! Unfortunatelty the seller didn´t knew the weight of the packages - so I had to estimate it. Hope 45kg (100pound) for the rear and 40kg (90pound) for the front (always for two wheels) should be enough... Anybody has an idea how much they realy are?

greets

Calavera

Not very scientific, but I first weigh myself on the bathroom scales, then again holding the wheel and subtract my weight from the total to arrive at the weight of the wheel.

SUNP0003-1.jpg

@Billy - and what was the result??? Hope not to start a diet ;-))

@Bibs - well this would be o.k. - calculated with 50kg I would have saved 10 pounds... so no problem. If they are heavier it would be the bigger problem...

But... they picked them up this afternoon - great!!! still thought this will cause more trouble because I was not sure about the adress, the labels, the weight, the order via parcel2go and so on... Finally I paid 191 pounds for transport (including 10 pounds for a insurance) - so all together with wheels 450,- thats about the half as private sellers wanted in germany...

Now they just have to arrive...

By the way - nice new forum layout!!!

Greets

Calavera

Hi Gert,

I know - but didn´t really thought about it. The rear ones are just good - there are just the little rubber nipples on them. But don´t know if I will use them for there age. First of all I have to rework the alloys for there are some scratches then I will look for the tyres. Hope to find some...