Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Caliper Options ? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Caliper Options ?

OK a standard 88 Stevens Turbo, what options do I have regarding front brake callipers, I've never liked single piston callipers and these Brembos aren't going to be the first.

A simple twin pot calliper that will bolt straight onto the existing stubs axles, use the same disk, and fit within the standard rim ?

Answers on a postcard please.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want big, pretty, brakes that are a serious upgrade but not way overkill for a street car (i.e., AP, Brembo, Alcon, etc) then see what PNM has to offer in "Hi Spec" brand setup for your car

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Replied in other thread,

I have the Hispec 4 Pot fitted as I picked up a secondhand set cheap, far better then the original, and they just bolt on. Took 1/2 a day to fit.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

i ran into same problem too, to upgrade from stock brakes, can we just fit front 4 potter and leave back stock with larger disk (i know another guy who just fitted front brake kit and run into balance issue) ? or do we need to upgrade both front and back caliper and disc for better performance, also do we need to change master cylinder for the kit to work?

I just fitted the 4 Pot with new front larger discs that came with them and the rear was left as standard.

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Far better then the old one!, not sure how it would stand up to track work I think you would need extra cooling for that.

Amateurs built the Ark

Hi Chris,

What is the diameter of your frt rims?

What is the disc diameter?

Is there a model or part number on the HiSpec calipers?

FYI: More info on this topic, see

http://www.thelotusf...__fromsearch__1

Edited by MrDangerUS

MrDangerUS

I installed Claudius' front kit based on 4-piston Wilwood calipers and bigger, ventilated discs. I chose their kit because it fits inside the stock 15" OZ front wheels, which I like and want to keep. The kit (calipers, hats, brackets and flex hoses) was easy to install and produced a big improvement in stopping power. Haven't tracked them yet.

"If everything is under control, you're going too slow." - Mario Andretti