Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fuel cut off switch - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Fuel cut off switch

Well I had the s4 pas pump and new hydraulic pipe fitted so I thought I would reconnect the vac pump and start the car. Engine turned but no fire . The rear of the car was on axle stands. After scratching my head car was put on the floor fuel cut off switch was pressed and car started 1st turn of the key. So question is did the car think it was being towed I.e is there an angle at which the switch cuts in as the car was driven in battery disconnected some jobs done but nothing involving the fuel or ignition system

It's Oogies turn to boogie

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pete,

It will just be some jolt whilst you have been doing some work coupled with a slightly sensitive inertia switch. I have a similar switch. Recently when I went to Tatton Park Classic Car Show, my daughter kept going into the boot. She must have slammed the boot at some point because at the end of the day, I tried to start the car and it wouldn't fire. It was only for the fact that I knew about the problem, that I tried pressin the inertia switch that the engine fire into life! I previously had this problem ocur when approaching a decelerating junction with those speed strips painted on the road. All of a sudden, my car cut out and wouldn't start! after 10 minutes or so, I tried the inertia switch and it clicked when I pressed the button. car started straight away.

I have a new switch to fit when I have a chance to do so.

David