Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Central Door Locking on 1993 SE Possible? - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Central Door Locking on 1993 SE Possible?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Ok, here's the deal on your cdl according to the Service Notes. You have actuators in both doors but only the passenger one is motorized. It also says the wiring harness is setup to accomodate motorized actuators in both doors so you may be able to fit a second passenger door actuator on the driver's side. Then it would just be a matter of tapping into the correct wire with your remote opener system.

This is what I did. the driver's side actuator is nothing but a switch, so I added a second motorized actuator alongside. the alarm I installed had a door unlock/lock wire - so all I had to do was power the new driver-side motorized actuator and the rest work like usual.

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

adding a 2nd piggyback solenoid is the easiest thing to do, but nearly as easy to just replace the solenoid....

price went up to $15

http://www.a1electri...oduct_Code=W15F

i made brackets that fit better for these solenoids

i bought a pager alarm from ebay. comes with keyless entry (the pos and neg output wire) to signal the CDL

as pointed out above, the drivers solenoid is used as a sensor. that is the wire to tap

Lotus_Esprit_Power_Door_Lock_Actuator_Bracket_Rev_A_Model_(1).pdf

Edited by ragingfool35

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

• 2 weeks later...

i have before and after pics

if someone wants them, PM me

this attachment size limit defeats the purpose of searching past posts...

EDIT: i see a subscription avoids this problem. let me join tomorrow and will post them. when did subscriptions become available?

Edited by ragingfool35

chris

90SE

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, cant help with that. my car has been at the dealer for collision repair for nearly a year now...

however, they are the 2 wire actuators if that helps

Edited by ragingfool35

chris

90SE