Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
October run ( Aberdovey blast) - UK - Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

October run ( Aberdovey blast)

CHANGES

Well the weather is turning and the daylight getting shorter , Time to get one more memorable hoon in while we can.. I have had a word with the Esprit gods and they assure me what ever day we finally choose the weather will be fantastic... :smoke:

I have planned a fairly straight forward route with a stop for refreshments in both directions , Starting from RAF Cosford .9 for 9.30....The roads are all Esprit friendly with great cruising mixed in with some undulating twisty but smooth sections .There is a good parking area at Aberdovey overlooking the sea and places to eat..

So add yourself to the list with date preference the more we get the better it will be ...

( I am sure some left hand seats are available for interested parties who want to join in )

1..Changes.......................9th or 23rd

2...PaulEspritGT3............... 9th or 23rd (pref..23rd)

3...Dodge1979 ...................9th or 23rd

4...Nigeninja.......................9th or 23rd

5...Dodgy............................?..........23rd ( oil pump pending)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was informed today that the shaft was welded and ground, just waiting the key-way to be machined :)

And as for the pulley, it's been welded and waiting machining.

So, I may have the car done by the end of the week, however, it then has to pass the dreaded test before the 6th.

TBC .......

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Dave its great to hear your getting the bits together,

As it seems there is more interest in the 23rd I will make the decision that is the date we will have, This will give you a little breathing space to complete the work.

Dave L

Edited by CHANGES

OK....The 23rd of October it is for the Aberdovey blast ...Confirmed...

So far we have seven , all are welcome the more the better..( just add your name to list )

1 Changes

2 PaulEspritGT3

3 Dodge1979

4 Nigeninja

5 Dodgy

6 Gasnangt3

7 oneshot

• 3 weeks later...

well, the weathers not looking 100% but my car is done and MOT'd :)

So I will be doning the Lotus Ski jacket and brolly :D

1 Changes

2 Dodge1979

3 Nigeninja

4 Dodgy

5 Gasnangt3

6 oneshot

I'm very sorry but I cannot go due to technical failure - my brake pressure switch has failed so no ABS and questionable brake power assistance.

After trying to fix it for the last two weeks I've finally found and ordered a replacement part but I won't get it until next week at the earliest.

I hope it goes well, and I expect to make the next one.

Paul, sorry to hear that..take it then your pump isnt running up to pressure...you found a source for a new pressure switch? Im going through my abs issue this week to ensure its fully functional for once...not just when it chooses! Touch wood, I had my pressure switch out too for cleaning, even though it works. Just want to see if a better pedal can be gained..

Sorry to hear that Paul, hope you get it sorted soon.

Updated list: We have two additions

1.CHANGES

2.DODGE1979

3.NIGENINJA

4.DODGY

5.GASMANGT3

6.ONE SHOT

7.CHRIS V8

8.PETE G CAR

We will rendezvous at the RAF Cosford Naffy as usual at @ 09.00 for 9.30 departure.

Look forward to seeing you all :lol:

Dave L

Updated list:

1.CHANGES

2.DODGE1979

3.NIGENINJA

4.DODGY

5.ONE SHOT

6 CHRIS V8

7.PETE G CAR

We will rendezvous at the RAF Cosford Naffy as usual at @ 09.00 for 9.30 departure.

Look forward to seeing you all :lol:

Dave L

Sadly I'm at work till 12 tomorrow so will not be able to make it in time :(

Good day out and the weather stayed fine,Darren should now be known as Sooty,and Dave known as "the scarier of dogs",did anyone else see the old dear with the Jack russell at the last cafe we stopped at,when Dave left and bootted it the Jack russell went mad and I think the old dear may have jumped a couple of feet into the air as well :lol:.

:shuriken:

Sooty eh?.. I thought a bit of biodiesel would give good mileage :-D. Yez the old dear did jump a wee bit...i did chuckle....fantastic trip out.at least I know where im looking now for my running issues!

Well the weather held nice , and not a bad run , bit of traffic but that help keep the speed down for the lady passengers.

I did not see the dog and the old lady at the last stop, but are you sure it wasn't a jumping Jack Russel with its dancing partner, it may be the local entertainment there.

Here are a few pics of the day , Nigel dipping a toe and Dave (oneshot) freezing his fingers , the mad pair in the car behind sooty and sue (don't no where sweep was)

When we peeled off at the end I did not see Dave (oneshot) did you get back OK Dave.?

After the running repair at the coffee shop (thanks Dave) what did I forget to do?

Well once you get above 60mph the front bonnet starts to lift. Yep I didn't relock the front after the headlight reconnection!

Had to stop quickly in a layby to lock it.

Managed to catch Nigel and Chris just off the M54.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350