Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lets see your axes - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lets see your axes

Mark Blanchard

Mmmm...DeVille.

Lou, have you been to Mark Erlewine's shop? I've had impure thoughts about an Erlewine Automatic for years. Spoke to him about it once, but I wimped out.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I haven't yet! it is certainly on the list.

Austin is such a neat place - at the set of light the people next to you in an old beat-up pickup then an hour later those same folks are on stage knocking it out of the park.

within a couple of years - all of my in car music is local artist...

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

In the words of Daffy Duck, da-rool, da-rool:

Austin is awesome beyond words. People who talk crap about Texas have probably never been there or the Hill Country.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice! Those Squier's might be the best value in an electric ever. What'not to like? Enjoy!

There are a lot worse ways to have a midlife crisis than that car and that axe. Besides, a mid-life crisis axe would have a Tiger Eye AAAAA quilted top with binding and a AAAAA bird's eye maple neck, rear-routed, and no pickguard. Yours, on the other hand, is a no-bullshit man-axe. She should be proud!

Can't make it out, but what's in the bridge? Whatever it is, you obviously need to spend your life's savings on Duncan Zephyrs. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

In the middle there is a genuine Maccaferri

Holy crap, John! Somehow I missed this. You have a real Maccaferri?! What's it play like? I've never had the privilege of playing one.

Can't make it out, but what's in the bridge? Whatever it is, you obviously need to spend your life's savings on Duncan Zephyrs. :whistle:

It's an Ibanez Vintage 8 Humbucker (off a Jem 77). The Squier has also got a TBX (treble base Expander) on the tone pot so I'm getting a great sound out of it. I set up a page on it here: Clicky

I've got 3 Seymours, that's enough, getting a Zephyr would be beyond a midlife crisis, it would be a trip to the mental asylum! What kind of guitar deserves a Zephyr? Are the poles solid gold?

Just bought another one, 1996 Squier Gold Logo, modded it with a couple of PAFs. Sounds dirty and mean:

1222.jpg

Agreed. I defy normal humans to hear the difference between Zephyrs and regular pups.

Isn't the TBX an EMG pot?

This TBX is a Fender one. I think EMG do them for bases too. You can pick them easily off ebay, they boost the treble and base (though the official line is they don't). They're great for punchy solos. Here's some blurb on them:

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2010/Oct/The_Fender_TBX_Tone_Control_Part_1.aspx

Took a pic of the family today. No more for now, I've been told.

Guitars-1.jpg

I love that natural Ash Strat. And that Les is making me drool. Is that a Special or a Supreme?

I have an EXG and SPC in my Warmoth Strat, as well as a Pi2 phase inverter. It's loaded with EMG SA pups. I didn't realize until after I cobbled the harness together that I could have saved money by buying it as a kit since it turns out it's the Dave Gilmour signature rig, plus the Pi2. Doh!

post-6978-0-66677100-1331420914.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new toy

Already bought stuff to change the cream bits to chrome and some higher output pickups :devil:

managed to get for a silly price and it's a brilliant bit of kit.

newtoy.png

The brood so far :D

brood.png

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

The V's are Fernandes "Steelers" the blue one is a one off, they only made black, white and red as production colours and "one" in blue :D

The black and white ones were the workhorses, black ones got a chunk taken out of the lower v section and the white ones actually had the headstock snapped clean off, but repaired and as good as ever.

I actually can't believe how good the Vintage is, it's no Gibson, but for the money it's daft.

Edited by lrg_machine

Jez

Mean Green S4s

Update

eBay and wine....... Torn between - "It was a good idea, just look at that" and "Did I really need another one"

Then again, for the price of an 'A' service or two front tyres.

EpiBlue.png

Jez

Mean Green S4s

Nice Epi! Quilted Maple top, you can't go wrong. A good lemon oil on the neck will make that play great.

Wine and ebay can lead to momentary lapses of judgement. Like my latest purchase this week, an old Japanese Squier Silver Series. Got it for a steal at £180, they normal fetch double that. Problem is I have to many guitars and don't know where to put them all. Time to stop buying me thinks.

SilverSeriesStrat.jpg

SilverSeriesHeadstock.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Maccaferri, apart from being a guitarist and luthier, was a designer too...in WW2 he was in the USA and manufacturing moulded plastic parts for the war effort. Once that was over, he started to make plastic clothes pegs....must have been the gypsy association(!)...and plastic ukuleles. This lead to a plastic guitar..of which this is one.

John,

I just stumbled on this by accident and immediately thought of you. Check it out at 12:40...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YB9EX7YpFk

• 4 weeks later...

Cool vid Moxie. Thanks for sharing.

Bought a Fender Strat USA "Blackie" the other day off ebay for not much money and it's near mint. I also made a guitar out of left overs I've collected. A neck from an 89 Squier S9, Solid body from a piece of junkie I had lying around and various pickups and parts from other guitars. That brings my total guitar total 13 guitars and 8 Strats. I think I need to stop buying guitars now.

Blackie2.jpg

Junker4.jpg