Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alford Speedfest - GTM 1st July - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Alford Speedfest - GTM 1st July

I've had a note from the Grampian Transport Museum about this years event. They are looking for 100 exhibits representing sports car evolution from 1955 to present day. A few of us were accepted last year and had a really good day.

Email info@gtm.org.uk if you would like to be considered. I guess they will have slots for the static area, pursuit and passenger rides again. They will then invite owners to fill out a nomination form from which they will make their selection.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. Guess what? Away for this. :angry::censored: :censored: :censored::realmad: Right in the middle of my 3 weeks as well so no chance of being beaten by an Elise SC and a traffic cone again.make%20other%20happy.gif

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I think Brian has provisionally thought July was perth Airfield again and may have told them that. This torn loyalties may cause a problem for many as it was good at Alford. I was going to have to miss Perth obviously, but if it was now to be moved to May, June or September then I might even be at home. :whistle::innocent:

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Well I was wrong. The Perth Airfield is the August 1st Sunday. :) Still can't make it. :( At least no clash with Alford show though for those at home then which is really worth doing. Great day.

I did get my application stuff in the post last week as well but the SWMBO threw it in the 'unintersting junk mail pile' (I'm offshore presently) & didn't tell me about it on the phone. :popo:

July is still free as Perth Airfield is August as Al. has stated above. My mistake as I mentioned at Powmill that Perth was July but when I got home I checked my emails and it is definitely August.

I did enjoy Alford last year and have had my invitation from them but alas I will be at Goodwood Festival of Speed that weekend and probably finishing off the weekend at the in laws in Nottingham.

I am happy to talk to the organisers or ask Gordon Masson to speak to them as it was he who organised the LEGS meet last year.

Regardless of whether they would want us to show cars there this year again it is a good day out and I can post this as a LEGS event.

The invites that would have come out so far are general invites to everyone who had cars at the event last year so its an admin thing at this point.

I am happy to set this up again and try to get as many cars in as i can but one of the main stipulations that i got last year was that they didn't want duplication because of the limited space they had (apparently 100 cars but there must have been more than that).

If we approach them with a list of cars that we can provide then we will have a good chance to get more in.

I will be going again as per usual so i am happy to enter us as a group.

1 - Esprit GT3 1997 (Norfolk Mustard) - Gordon Masson

Any takers for:

Esprit (Giugiaro)

Esprit V8

Evora

Exige

Elise

Eclat

Excel

Elan (Sprint / 2+2 / M100)

Europa

Elite

Seven

Any others......................?

We can probably get in a few duplicates as long as we class them differently.

If i can i would like to get a specific Lotus area this year rather than being grouped by arrival order.

That might be helped if we were to get any company support / exhibits from the factory......Bibs??

It was a great day out last year.......

LineUp.jpg

Elise1.jpg

Afterthetest.jpg

Evora.jpg

Winner.jpg

Edited by GordonMasson

• 2 weeks later...

The invites that would have come out so far are general invites to everyone who had cars at the event last year so its an admin thing at this point.

I am happy to set this up again and try to get as many cars in as i can but one of the main stipulations that i got last year was that they didn't want duplication because of the limited space they had (apparently 100 cars but there must have been more than that).

If we approach them with a list of cars that we can provide then we will have a good chance to get more in.

Any takers for:

Esprit (Giugiaro)

Esprit V8

Evora

Exige

Elise

Eclat

Excel

Europa

Elite

Seven

If i can i would like to get a specific Lotus area this year rather than being grouped by arrival order.

That might be helped if we were to get any company support / exhibits from the factory......Bibs??

LineUp.jpg

Elise1.jpg

Afterthetest.jpg

Evora.jpg

Winner.jpg

Brings back happy memories of a magnificent victory.

Sadly I can't be there to defend our title!

What a team King & Masson!

Ah yes Brian, I do recall you having something of an advantage, when Al decided to take part of the scenery along for the ride.

Edited by hedgerley

Thanks Mark :sick:

Did you have to - again! :rant:

By the way for anybody else ever thinking of doing one of these - and I have this from the factory as I asked afterwards - switch the bloody electronics off completely. Even with Sport mode on the electronics thought from all the steering wheel swinging about on the slalom and body roll and yaw changes that I was loosing control so it started to sort out the problem. It therefore started braking individual wheels and the steering weighted up etc. and I ended up going straight (& took the cone out) so they worked correctly. Maybe not what I wanted though :X Now if we were doing it again this time I'd be in control and the score line would be different! - Maybe! :sofa:

..... or buy an Elise!

Sadly there can be no rematch, unless you fancy taking on a V8 Esprit!

Maybe next year. :)

• 2 months later...

Any takers for:

Esprit (Giugiaro)

Esprit V8

Evora

Exige

Elise

Eclat

Excel

Europa

Elite

Seven

LineUp.jpg

Elise1.jpg

Afterthetest.jpg

Evora.jpg

Winner.jpg

Hi folks

The Grampian Motor Museum have been chasing me for a list of cars that we can supply for this years event.

Can you get back to me with and let me know if you are available and what car you will be bringing.

Thanks

Gordon, did you get my email I sent last week? As mentioned, I will be available for the above. I can even provide an Excel SE as well if required! (though it is a bit rough round the edges, gets hot and won't re-start, and I would have to find somebody to drive it...)

Scott

• 1 month later...

So?? How did it go then chaps?

The weather I guess was mixed and the entry prices had gone right up I am told but what sort of turn out did we have. Lotus attendeance if not all LEGS crew?

Anybody actually taking part? I have asked them to keep me in mind for next years invitations anyway and hopefully I will be home.