IGNORED

Antifreeze

nigeninja

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read something about waterless coolant, its used in aircraft engines etc etc, it suggested that the water less stuff wasnt as good a at keeping your running temperature down, therefore although it was less corrosive and lasted longer than water it would have most engines run at a higher temperature which is where you have to consider, oil grades, head gaskets or even making your radiator larger ? I'm no expert but with my esprit being pretty hot most of the time anyway I'd be worried about trying it out? I guess the guys over in the warmer parts of the world will be best to try it and advise? I've read a few threads on here advising about corroded radiators, sludge in the header tanks, stuck thermostats etc etc, IM still a newby so haven't had the time to get stuck into my engine bay to check things out but have a huge list of checks to do ( drives great though so loving it for now) IF the Evans stuff did work out well I would use it and sleep tight in winter knowing the car being sat still most of the time won't be gunking up and rotting front the inside.