Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Keys have been stolen, how do i go about getting replacements! - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Keys have been stolen, how do i go about getting replacements!

As per title my house was broken into yesterday in the wee hours by a/some theiving scrotes, and to cut a long story short ALL the keys and alarm remote fobs have been stolen so i now cannot start/move/open or even further immobilise the esprit (A 97 V8 TT if it matters!) as i cannot get into it or disable the alarm (for obvious reasons!)

I have spoken to my insurer and they WILL NOT honour the Boomerang Tag key replacement cover i have because i forgot to put on the TAG on the car keys (stupid me dropped myself right in it!), and our house insurance apparently does not cover us for loss/theft of any car keys either - so i'm now left with the hassle and expense of getting all the locks swapped out, and the aftermarket alarm system ripped out too so we can make the car mobile again!!

Now what i need to know IS, where can i get new locks (doors/ignition etc) with the relevant keys to match so i can go about making the car more secure and actually allowing me to use/move the car, and can anyone possibly advise how much it will cost for new locks and keys too (i simply have NO idea!!)

I'm hoping that the esprit is just 2 locks (drivers door & ignition!), and being a 97 model with the old style VX key there aren't any transponders or anything like that that will need to be recoded etc etc!

Hopefully this WON'T be a rediculously expensive job as we cannot really afford it, but as you'll understand we definitely need to do SOMETHING to get us access to the car and to allow us to further immobilise it too until such time as we CAN make in-roads into replacing all the relevant locks etc!

One last thing that may or may not be relevant, but the alarm and immobiliser system is an aftermarket jobbie, and nothing that Lotus may have started fitting to later models (assuming they DID!)

many thanks,

Matt!

Also - If you haven't seen my other post from today - please as many of you as poss, please read THIS:-

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/49978-urgent-please-as-many-of-you-as-possible-read-this/

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Matt, sorry to hear about what happened.

You can get either replacement keys from Lotus ASO or you can change the locks with parts from your local dealer. Drivers side barrel & key is about £20, same for the passenger side and the ignition barrel is about £40. Should all be pretty simple to fit.

For the replacement key, ring your dealer and they'll need to see a copy of your V5. They'll then contact the factory who will give them the code for your key to be cut and get one made up. It's not expensive and if you explain the situation you may even get a next day service.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.