Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Rearview mirror recommendations? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Rearview mirror recommendations?

Long story short.

Previous owner bodged repair to broken shaft on the OEM mirror. Repair has now failed. Obtained replacement OEM mirror, only to find the PO had actually glued the original mirror's 'foot' to the mounting plate/headlining :)

As a temporary fix bought an aftermarket stick-on type mirror (Summit V70). But insufficient adjustment in the mirror's balljoint to cope with the rake of an Esprit's screen. Result being an excellent view of the driver's/passenger's shoulders but absolutely nothing behind the car :) .

Anyone suggest an aftermarket stick-on/suction mirror that'll suit the Esprit?

James

Edited by Tentenths

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine luckyly broke right at the bottom, so I simply machined it and placed a hole with funnelopening on it and then attached it into the old holder with a self drilling stainles steel screw. It stays in place much better than before it was broken.

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Just wondering if you can fit the later ones - mine on a '97 is spot on, I dont get any vision imparing vibrations at all - although it did not stop me and my cousin nearly getting stopped by Essex's finest today :)

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Hi there.

I broke my mirror and tried a few of the aftermarket ones. I then managed to get aa peugeot 306 mirror off a scrap car and glued that to the screen. It's ace. can even see well under the S4s spoiler on the back of mine. As it's a manufacturer oem it swivels really well. and the dipper works!!

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Sounds like Alan encountered exactly the same problem trying to source a 'universal' aftermarket interior mirror for the Esprit. Thanks for the 306 idea Alan; will source one of those and give it a try.

Thanks also to Olaf, Jon and Paul for your input - much appreciated :rolleyes:

James