Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tyres - What are best? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Tyres - What are best?

As an absolute newb and having a lil "excitement" with Sparky solving a new prob on my S4 over last weekend...thanks to him for his huge tenacity, my MOT points to replacing my rear tyres. 285/35/18. suggestions to 40s vs the tiny 35s to last longer but has anyone got any views on the good bad and the ugly for rubber for my new lady. I have felt the weakness of her deriere in the wet but she corrected very quickly. Everywhere seems to be selling the Pirelli Pzero Rossi but the knowledge here I am sure can show me how wrong that is? or maybe not?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hqd rossi on my porsche, very good on that. However, I believe that the.goodyears that were developed along with the chassis.of.the.esprit are a.fine match. Maybe if.you.start.changing suspension ajd geometry it would call.for a.different tyre, but I use.eagles as.per original.

Ps sorry for all the.fullstops im on my phone and my fingers are too chunky! :)

Ive used.yoko's too and.think theyre good. It all.depends though on the.setup theyre going on. Ive only had goodyear on my esprit, so on this particular setup I couldnt comment!

• Gold FFM

Best I ever found dry and wet were Goodyear F1 GS-D3's then they discontinued them in the correct size for the S4. So I was forced to get the second best set I had found in the correct sizes, Continental Extreme Contact. Not as great as the Goodyear's but acceptable.

I am sure Sparky had a grand time with it from the sounds of it...

Currently running Ultrac Sessantas and I'm pleased with them. A vast improvement over the Dunlop SP Sport 9000's which were absolute rubbish spinning the wheels at the slightest hint of moisture on the roads. The Dunlops were fitted to the car when I bought it and I took them off even though there was 5mm of tread on the fronts.

Edited by sailorbob

• Gold FFM

An extra note as I see from the tire size that you do not have the original S4 stock OZ rims.

So you can disregard my post about not finding the correct size for a matching set front and rears...

I have often thought about changing my wheels in order to go back to the Goodyear's.

I also find that I go through three rear sets of tires before I need to replace the fronts

• Gold FFM

Jason,

That is the issue I found myself in a couple of years ago when the Goodyear F1 GS-D3's were discontinued. I did so much research once I had the only three tires that could be used to make a complete matched set. ( I have this thing about mismatching tires - I always chuckle watching Wheeler Dealers and seeing three or four different tires on the same car. ) After plenty of research and internet investigating I went with the Continentals. My only complaint truly with them is the sidewall seems to be a bit soft while taking corners. Seems to be more roll than what the Goodyear's had when making a lane change or cornering.