Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brake Conversion - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brake Conversion

Trying to standardise the parts for both my cars, have the opportunity to grab some bits so i was wondering who has made any changes from the old Bendix ? Braking system to the Brembo.

I am under the impression the front AP/brembos will fit to any hub with the adapter for that caliper

However are the rear hub carriers different ? Not seen them in the flesh with the 4 pots on.

My GT3 is pretty much standard with the 4 pot Brembos at the front and the floating brembos at the rear - for the circuit car I'd like to get APs for the front and back (s300 stylee) but also keep the hand brake system.

Has anyone done this and got any photos ?

I have the opportunity to score some 2nd hand parts but need some advice - ta :blink:

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame on you Jon, :blink: Kato has done this update on his car already and the guides on LEW. Or am I talking B*11*cks becuase Im in a rush. :blink:

He has ?? :blink:

'Kin hell, not another bashing :blink:

Just looked - to clarify I'm trying to change the existing setup to brembo / AP on the front and rear using 4 pot all around PLUS the floating for the hand brake.

Pretty sure the fronts just need spacers but the rears I actually want to add another caliper like the S300 did and I'm not sure how that goes on or if it can be fitted to the existing hub carrier or even how it fits !

The Gt3 is different and I want to standardise everything on the 2 cars so I don't have to fluf around with part #'s and so on.

Yee I need to look into this a bit more. I know PNM and stuff have been doing a lot of work on brakes and it's one thing I want to get on the track car sorted before I go at it or after a few laps I could be coming off !

Anyways I wanna try and do it in stages, obviously the AP front and rears would be the weapon of choice but if I can get a suitable lower spec alternative in the meantime I'll go for that and upgrade later.

Main reason why I want to standardise is parts ordering etc but also when I didtch the race car I would probably take these componetns off and share them with the GT3 which I intend to keep until kingdom doth cometh.

Dave if I get any plans I'll let you know.

I can vouch for the PNM hi speck front upgrade kit. My S4 didnt have Brenbos but the Toyota set up, the new calipers, disks & pads have totally changed the car & paid off when i whipped around a corner the other day & 20m in front of me was an Astra van, sideways in the road with smoke coming from the bonnet. :lol:

The brakes worked well :D

Thats Good to hear Garry as I've just ordered the same kit from PNM. :D

I can vouch for the PNM hi speck front upgrade kit. My S4 didnt have Brenbos but the Toyota set up, the new calipers, disks & pads have totally changed the car & paid off when i whipped around a corner the other day & 20m in front of me was an Astra van, sideways in the road with smoke coming from the bonnet. :lol:

The brakes worked well :)

yust installed my Hi-specs (4 pot)

discs grooved and drilled

the Hawk pads (fast road / track) in front

in the back still the bendix with the red race pads from ebc with an ebc disc upgrade

steelflex hoses ans synthetic 5.1 brake fluid

took the car to a circuit in belgium (Zolder) and to the netherlands (Zandvoort)

Bracking improved massive

but

you'll have to warm the damn things up

if you go on the track the first 2 rounds are to get the right temp in your hawks

if not

the bendix backside will try to beat your front side while braking

can be fun to.

take care

ordering the Hi-specs took me about 1/2 year

small company

greets Rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

I must admit the monster 6 and bigger rear discs on the conversion of mine are ace. Whilst at bruntingthorpe they hauled the car down from 140mph + to not alot for the first couple of bends really well. They handled the laps I did ok and would have probably stood up to more if I hadn't spun!!!

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

I'm making my own.

P1180303.sized.jpg

http://www.lotuscolorado.com/vulcangrey/ga...g-brakes?page=1

Brembo Racing 4piston front aluminum monoblock with vented titanium pistons.

328mm x 35mm 72 vane front Vented & slotted rotors.

Brembo racing 4piston rear aluminum calipers with vented titanium pistons.

313mm x 25.4 mm rear rotors, vented & slotted.

And a seperate parking caliper on each rear rotor.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

I have a few ideas but how are you fixing the 4 pots to the back hub ?

This is exactly what I want to do with the SE but more importantly I want to update the hubs to bring them in line with the GT3 as well.

Fact is when I sell the SE it'll have some performance parts on it, know from experience additional bits on cars you never get back from a complete sale so the idea was to port them to the GT3.

Jonathon, I've sent you mail regarding lots of different options you have and where to buy them. I mentioend second hand calipers, I've checked and there plenty of Brembo and AP calipers on Ebay at the mo. Your problem is working out which ones are suitable for your project. It can be fun if your into that sort of thing.