Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LHD Dead pedal image request - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

LHD Dead pedal image request

Hello!

My '12 S was delivered without a dead pedal (it's a US car). Lotus says S cars aren't supposed to have a dead pedal, but I've seen/heard otherwise.

I was able to order the dead pedal and bolts through the dealer but my tech was hesitant to install as he was worried about installing it in the incorrect position and having it interfere with the clutch travel.

I will mess with it and try to mark a comfortable area for the dead pedal to fit... but was wondering of any LHD owners can pop down their pedal box and snap some pictures for me. I'd just like to give my tech as much reference as possible so we can determine the best position for the dead pedal.

I have one set of images already... but it's difficult to gauge the height of the dead pedal in relation to the clutch.

Any tips and or pics would be very helpful! Thank you!

Moxie, if you're reading this, did your S come with a dead pedal?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortuantely due to federal regulations the dead pedal is not allowed, so I understand why the tech is wary of fitting it. However, It is fitted to ROW world cars and is simply attached by 5 points behind the carpet which will have black blanking stickers over them. I assume the part you ordered is A132A0320F?

I'd recommend driving for awhile before you decide to drill holes in the chassis, which is what I've heard is required for the deadpedal kit. I've driven 4,500+ miles in 2-1/2 months, including a 1,400-mile roadtrip over three days and I honestly don't miss the deadpedal at all.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Jaws: Yup. I also have A089W6297F (the 5 bolts). I'll have a mess about over the weekend and see if I can peel the carpet back and have a look if the holes have already been drilled.

Snoopy: Thanks for the pic!

Moxie: I've had the car for about 2 months and yeah, I'm slowly getting used to it. I was just thinking if the part is available and it's not a difficult install, then why not? But if they have to drill holes... yikes.

Thanks for the info, guys!

You won't have to drill any holes as they are just blanked off as stated in my previous thread. You will have to make a slit in the carpet for the bracket to feed through though. Once you have a look at the area you'll see what I mean.