Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige picture & video thread - Page 28 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige picture & video thread

Bibs

• 2 weeks later...

I've been struggling to get decent audio capture of the Exige exhaust note with a GoPro, so I decided to try out an external mic setup.  Really does make a big difference!

Next step is to try it out on the Norwegian tunnels ;)

• Like 1

A handful from the Destination Nurburgring 12 track event I attended last week. The Exige was simply incredible. 2 days of superb lapping.

Photo credit to Frozenspeed.com (Jochen Van Cauwenberge)

attachicon.gifDN12D_0080HR.jpg

the only V6 there going slow enough for the photographers to get a decent shot of if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

They are great action shots Arun. Not sure why you were unsure about the colour, it looks fantastic. Do we have any videos of your trip?.

There are, I'll try to get onto them soon. Mucked up the mounting this time so they angles are a bit dodgy. Time for me to relent and either get a harness bar to clamp to or invest in a Go-Pro.

How did it compare to your previous S2 Exige around the Ring?

Sorry I missed it this year :(

It seems to have a lot more grip at each end. Once the tyre pressures were dialled in, it was incredible how keyed-in each corner was. Made for some great cornering speeds. DPM was off all the time, but there was never a risk of the rears letting go at any point.

The extra oomph from the powertrain of course makes a difference in the fast sections, it's certainly fast enough to make me have to adhere to the imposed speed limits currently in force (holding 155mph down Dottingher Hohe straight, for example). Worthing mentioning it feels a lot more stable and happy at these speeds. Also the torque really pushes you up the gradients with ease, in places such as Ex-Muhle. Still on standard brakes, and they were stunning as usual, only slightly grumbling after consecutive laps (rare for me, anyway) and very slight fade.

I totally believe it when people say the car is GT3 fast (in the right hands...some of those pesky Porsches still got away from me!).

Oh, and it uses a LOT more fuel!!

You're welcome to borrow the TLF Go-Pro if you wish in the future. It's only a Hero2 HD but it's good enough. Comes with the 'Motorsport' mounts :)

Thanks Bibs, I didn't know such a thing existed

Is there a TLF dishwasher too? You in a pinny doesn't count.

Great stuff. And, as far as I'm concerned, you had the best car there!

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Looks truly special amongst the German metal.

Is that a DC2 Integra Type-R I spy as well?

Good spot! Young Drew drove the wheels off it, only left slightly behind really on the faster parts. The Elise driven by SCRKen was also flying.

The GT2 (tuned) was disturbingly fast , seemed to move from there.............to over there in a blink of an eye.

Black n gold