Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige picture & video thread - Page 34 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige picture & video thread

Bibs

10 minutes ago, Top cat said:

They look like they might be able to slow you down. :P 

You will have to watch where they put the balance weights on your next set of tyres. 

It is very very close!

www.alias23.com

Looks fantastic Imran.

I'm tempted by Castle Combe as it's reasonably local and I've never been round it. What are your impressions?

BTW - you got mail (or at least should have...:pizza:)

Impossible to say from the pics Imran, I have no idea how hard you were cornering when the photos were taken. If the car feels like it could go firmer for that particular track give it a few clicks and see how it feels. A bit of body roll is not necessarily a bad thing either. What matters more is the car looks $1m! Canards really suit it.

:thumbup:

1 hour ago, D.no said:

Looks fantastic Imran.

I'm tempted by Castle Combe as it's reasonably local and I've never been round it. What are your impressions?

BTW - you got mail (or at least should have...:pizza:)

Just got your mail (after a little confusion on my part) and responded :)

Castle Combe is a great little circuit, really good fun and actually quite technical in some places. Im thinking of popping back over there on the 11th April if you're interested.

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

Impossible to say from the pics Imran, I have no idea how hard you were cornering when the photos were taken. If the car feels like it could go firmer for that particular track give it a few clicks and see how it feels. A bit of body roll is not necessarily a bad thing either. What matters more is the car looks $1m! Canards really suit it.

:thumbup:

Thanks Pits. Must admit it is one downfall of the 1-way nitrons, easy remote access to adjustment, with my setup (notably due to the custom dampner size) I have to remove the rear wheel to get access to the adjustment which is fine to setup on arrival from road to track setup but a pain in the arse to play with for continual adjustment through the day :(

www.alias23.com

Ahh, sorry, in that case they look just fine! ;)

Hopefully I'll get to follow your car on track before long and we can compare it to the Cup set up.

Looks great, can't really comment on the setup as everyone knows I have no idea what I am doing :)

You still not up for Rockingham next monday? Or better still, how about Spa on Saturday - obviously you'd have to drive ;)

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

2 hours ago, LF1 said:

Looks great, can't really comment on the setup as everyone knows I have no idea what I am doing :)

You still not up for Rockingham next monday? Or better still, how about Spa on Saturday - obviously you'd have to drive ;)

Sorry bud but having to back out of Rockingham... Looking at Combe on the 11th April, then Bedford 25th April... Also keen to try out Donnington some time soon. Just need to get this bloody trailer test sorted!

3 hours ago, The Pits said:

Ahh, sorry, in that case they look just fine! ;)

Hopefully I'll get to follow your car on track before long and we can compare it to the Cup set up.

Yeah really hope we can all get out together soon! Although I'm not too keen on seeing @Arun_D I really don't want to see his car... :P

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Hi guys, Ray here (from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)! I collected my Matt Black Exige CR (MT) from Lotus Cars Malaysia last month and have been enjoying it ever since. I have learnt a great deal about the car from here (before and after purchase) and I would like to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge & experiences.

The Exige has been an awesome daily driver (surprisingly practical!) and I have done a couple of minor mods so far (black lug nuts, soft top conversion, black oil filler cap surround, HID). Looking to install the 2bular backbox after seeing a few videos of Chris's yellow Exige.

lotus1.jpg.d98a99fa6cdb3bd092a11bf395bab

Pardon the low-res photo - will try to share a few nicer ones when I get around to it!

Edited by Ray32
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ray32 said:

Hi guys, Ray here (from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)! I collected my Matt Black Exige CR (MT) from Lotus Cars Malaysia last month and have been enjoying it ever since. I have learnt a great deal about the car from here (before and after purchase) and I would like to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge & experiences.

The Exige has been an awesome daily driver (surprisingly practical!) and I have done a couple of minor mods so far (black lug nuts, soft top conversion, black oil filler cap surround, HID). Looking to install the 2bular backbox after seeing a few videos of Chris's yellow Exige.

lotus1.jpg.d98a99fa6cdb3bd092a11bf395bab

Pardon the low-res photo - will try to share a few nicer ones when I get around to it!

Welcome Ray!

Your real name wouldn't happen to be Bruce Wayne would it?

8 hours ago, D.no said:

Welcome Ray!

Your real name wouldn't happen to be Bruce Wayne would it?

Unfortunately, no. I highly doubt Bruce Wayne would drive a Lotus... the sills don't allow any sort of cool or graceful entries/exits. :P

8 hours ago, NW76 said:

Looks great - superbe color choice! Welcome to the matte black CR owners club ;-) 

Thank you, Norbert!

20 hours ago, alias23 said:

What HID kit did you use @Ray32 

Hi Imran, it was installed by another forumer, Chris, who's well-versed on Lotus cars (from Malaysia as well) who had previously installed it on his Motorsport Green Exige S. The bulbs are 6k in terms of their light temps, that's all I know.

On 3/24/2016 at 05:09, NW76 said:

Looks great - even on a trailer ;-) Are you going to track it?

Yes, definitely! Am looking to make time to hit the track. Would definitely want to explore the limits and see what the car is capable of :)