IGNORED

Goodwood Revival 2006

gghc87

Hi folks

Anyone going :)

Cliff :)

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks

Anyone going :)

Hi Cliff,

Going on Friday. Have Lavant g'stand seats but will be going in the Landy so I can sneak into the pre-1966 car park. Naturally one will be suitably attired!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Hi Cliff,

Going on Friday. Have Lavant g'stand seats but will be going in the Landy so I can sneak into the pre-1966 car park. Naturally one will be suitably attired!

Pete

Hi Pete

Yep going whole weekend including friday. Shame about the Landy as thinking of taking Esprit on friday as just me an a mate going so could of had another mini hoon . More going on Sat/Sun so getting lifts.

may see you there

regards

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Cliff

You can always try and keep up with the Landy (off road that is :) )! I'll give you a bell on Friday when I'm there. We can hook up for an ale at the Spitfire bar or thereabouts. But a mini hoon at some other time is a must!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

B) Few pics from last year for your delights and pleasure..............i hope... :)

dscf2864ks5.jpg

dscf2802ap1.jpg

dscf2772pw8.jpg

dscf2702ca5.jpg

dscf2689dc5.jpg

dscf2977bb0.jpg

dscf2967vr9.jpg

This is Stirling Moss Driving

dscf2852agu9.jpg

dscf2765adt0.jpg

dscf2767ds6.jpg

Cliff

Cliff

You can always try and keep up with the Landy (off road that is :) )! I'll give you a bell on Friday when I'm there. We can hook up for an ale at the Spitfire bar or thereabouts. But a mini hoon at some other time is a must!

Pete

Sounds good will take your number with me so we can hopefully hook up on the day.

Cliff

Jonathan / Rob and anyone else going will be there over the weekend so if anyone wants to hook up for a beer PM me so we can exchange mobile numbers and hopefully get together on the day.

Anyone who has not been.............go...............its a greatday out less than half the price of a Grand Prix and really good fun although not sure if they are any entrance tickets left check Goodwood web site on.

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/

Cliff

I'm zipping up my flame suit as tight as tight can be because.......I don't like the Revival. The FOS is great, particularly getting close to the F1 cars and Supercar paddock, but the thought of watching old, slow, crunchy cars trundle around in circles does nothing for me.

All the old crocks limping along, dropping oil, overheating, going slowly - heck, I get that everyday with my old Range Rover! ( :P )

I have been to the Revival a couple of times (including along with a short stint at being a member of the GRRC) but it just didn't hold any appeal. I guess I just like new stuff. I don't want to dress up in old clothes, either...sorry :D

Have a good time there, though. I'll be at home practising my best harrumph and humbug! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Some pics of 2006 event for you all hope you like them.......... :lol:

DSCF0626.jpg

DSCF0760.jpg

DSCF5191.jpg

DSCF5272.jpg

DSCF5305.jpg

DSCF5322.jpg

DSCF0729.jpg

DSCF0719.jpg

DSCF0662.jpg

DSCF0617.jpg

DSCF0632.jpg

DSCF0501.jpg

DSCF5326.jpg

Cliff :lol:

more to follow........ :lol: ( sorry Graham :):P )

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

9cb6636a.jpg

DSCF0166.jpg

DSCF0143.jpg

DSCF0134.jpg

DSCF0129.jpg

DSCF0128.jpg

DSCF0127.jpg

DSCF0120.jpg

DSCF0122.jpg

DSCF0119.jpg

DSCF0124.jpg

DSCF0114.jpg

birdcage1.jpg

spit2a.jpg

spit1b.jpg

Cliff :lol:

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Frazer Nash Le Mans Rep...yum yum!

Sorry I didn't give you a call on Friday Cliff. Thought I had your number in my phone...thought wrong. Seemed Friday was the day to be there weather-wise although it was busier than previous years.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Elva BMWs look good, but I just love this.....Lotus 30??? I only just become aware of their existence, only made a handful I think. You can see where the Elises came from, particularly the roll hoop.

DSCF0114.jpg
Edited by britten_mark

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Nice pics Cliff, I guess you went on Friday. Did you take the Esprit?

but I just love this.....Lotus 30??? I only just become aware of their existence, only made a handful I think.

It's a 1966 Lotus 40. One of 3 made. It was based on the 1965 Lotus 30, "but with 10 more mistakes."

It

Nice pics Cliff, I guess you went on Friday. Did you take the Esprit?

Thanks Mark, your pics are great. :P

We went all three days but I only took the Esprit on the friday due to the poor weather....

Nice photos, thanks for sharing :P

Here's my favorite:

DSCF5191.jpg

Some wing or what :D

What is it?

Thanks Jussi

This car was part of the tribute to Phil Hill its the Chaparral-Chevrolet 2F he raced at Brands Hatch in 1967.

Cliff :P

Edited by gghc87

Cliff